DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

15 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Reboot is happening 100%. Dark Phoenix will be the finale of the Fox series 

I think a total reboot would be a bad idea. Fox has spent almost 20 years developing the X Men franchise. Recasting some of those iconic roles and trying to make new films might not work. 

Just now, Frozen said:

I think a total reboot would be a bad idea. Fox has spent almost 20 years developing the X Men franchise. Recasting some of those iconic roles and trying to make new films might not work. 

I agree reed but it is happening. I can see them maybe trying to get Stewart and Jackman back though 

Just now, Frozen said:

The last movie did slightly more than AntMan, and way less than Dr Strange.

At the end of the day a reboot under Marvel could be way more lucrative. The problem with Xmen is Marvel have gone out of their way to erase their appeal to children and younger audiences (no merch, no cartoons, no video games, no ads for all those non-movie things means less exposure). A total franchise reboot from every avenue including the films could be gigantic.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

It would be illegal to stop this forcefully as it breaks no anti trust laws. 

So lucky that I was just voicing my displeasure and not giving a command to the FTC. Imagine they follow through. So awkward.

Edited by Kraken

1 hour ago, Frozen said:

Ehhh not including Deadpool Days of Future past is their highest grossing movie at 750mil. It'd be #10 in the MCU, after that is Logan at 620 which is lower than Iron Man 2, heck out of 10 X-men movies 6 didn't crack 500mil

46 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Ehhh not including Deadpool Days of Future past is their highest grossing movie at 750mil. It'd be #10 in the MCU, after that is Logan at 620 which is lower than Iron Man 2, heck out of 10 X-men movies 6 didn't crack 500mil

I wasn’t so much talking about money as I was how known some of the characters and actors are. Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine will be hard to replace, as will some others. 

I would not be surprised at all to see a reboot. Now that Hugh Jackman's gone it simply does not have the appeal. The numbers speak for themselves. Apocalypse made less than Logan, that should probably tell you something. and @AJG you're quite right the tone and marketing is more serious than the MCU films which I don't think does it any favours.

Edited by Treeze Rutledge

13 hours ago, Frozen said:

Isn't that what Fox has already done?