DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

14 minutes ago, RRA said:

Anyway Iger is banking on this as been his last great purchase running Disney, as he had done with Pixar/Marvel/SW, before he rides off into the sunset. If the deal gets blocked, that's a blow to his prestige, his empire's planned growth plans, and most importantly for a CEO....his ego. It's like how Michael Eisner for all his issues, he did (w/ Frank Wells) drag Disney from the dumps and not only recovered it but made it more powerful than it was before. That's not debatable.  Regardless his end was marred by his feuds with Pixar and the Disney family and (before that in the 1990s) the costly Ovtiz fiasco and the Katzenberg divorce. 

I am sure is ego (and is great grand children bank account) he want for Disney to be has big has possible went he quit, but it is not like he is at the mercy of Trump or would be in any trouble if the deal does not get through, it is not a desperate move by Disney high exec here, the company will still exist at their death if that deal does not come through.

It is even more far fetched for the MCU actors, what would they have to gain from any of this, for how long they want to still be doing those movies anyways....

This reminds me when you argued relentlessly with me that Greg Silverman getting canned last year had nothing to do with the 2016 DCEU film slate's box office performance even though media reports at the time pointed directly to them (which I had linked) but OK. 

Do not remember that exactly, I imagine I argued it was the low quality of the DCEU (that announced the justice league box office issues) + list of flop outside of it (Pan, Jupiter Ascending, Heart of the Sea, etc...).  that was the big issue and not SS and BvS box office ?

• Like 1

Brazilian theatres may or already have boycott Coco because Disney wanted to up their distributor stake from 50 to 52%, probably at the last minute.

All these Disney plants and supporters don't seem to be able to distinguish between people making movies, and greedy executives, which is pretty much all the name Disney means these days.

This is discriminatory pricing simply because they knew that Coco would do well in Brazil due to its subject matter. Now, it may not make anything at all.

This is the future, but shills (for God knows what reason) refuse to see it.

Disney corporation have been growing assholes for a long time.

• Like 1

On 31/12/2017 at 6:11 AM, BK007 said:

Brazilian theatres may or already have boycott Coco because Disney wanted to up their distributor stake from 50 to 52%, probably at the last minute.

All these Disney plants and supporters don't seem to be able to distinguish between people making movies, and greedy executives, which is pretty much all the name Disney means these days.

This is discriminatory pricing simply because they knew that Coco would do well in Brazil due to its subject matter. Now, it may not make anything at all.

This is the future, but shills (for God knows what reason) refuse to see it.

Disney corporation have been growing assholes for a long time.

YHeah, do you really think brazilian cinema's owners are gonna reject a movie that will make millions for their pockets just for a 2% discussion? They will make a deal in the middle and for future releases and that's it. 

Edited by meriodejaneiro
  • Like 1

Media giant Comcast has issued a bold challenge to Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox and its would-be owner Walt Disney Co. by lobbing a cash bid for British broadcaster Sky which values the business at £22.1 billion ($A39 billion).

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/this-is-tanks-on-their-lawn-murdoch-cops-a-39-billion-blindside-20180227-p4z21h.html

8 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Media giant Comcast has issued a bold challenge to Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox and its would-be owner Walt Disney Co. by lobbing a cash bid for British broadcaster Sky which values the business at £22.1 billion ($A39 billion).

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/this-is-tanks-on-their-lawn-murdoch-cops-a-39-billion-blindside-20180227-p4z21h.html

This is all a ploy by Comcast to buy FOX. That's what they really want, not SKY. 

Disney X Men films will be interesting, considering 90% of their storylines aren't really suitable for kids. But I'm more interested to see if they just reboot the whole thing or if they can somehow find a way to incorporate Fox's characters into the MCU. 

Also so I guess this is the nail in the coffin for New Mutants since it was supposed to come out in August 2019. 

6 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Disney X Men films will be interesting, considering 90% of their storylines aren't really suitable for kids. But I'm more interested to see if they just reboot the whole thing or if they can somehow find a way to incorporate Fox's characters into the MCU. 

Also so I guess this is the nail in the coffin for New Mutants since it was supposed to come out in August 2019. 

Reboot is happening 100%. Dark Phoenix will be the finale of the Fox series 

Just wondering why Disney wouldn't just release movies that Fox has already invested in? I mean, it could only mean profit for them couldn't it? They wouldn't be the ones sinking money into it but they would be getting a portion of the gross..?