DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

17 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Well, that doesn't matter because there's a firewall between Trump and the Do... Hahahhahahaha, sorry.  Couldn't quite complete that sentence. :)

Reveal hidden contents

True. But if it was borderline (which I don’t think it is) Justice would be less likely to challenge it. 

I just checked. It’s actually a Trump appointee now. Wonders never cease. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeReyEgonnnnn said:

They may have hearings but the deal will still go through. There really aren’t any anti-trust issues plus Trump is in favour. 

Ah Yes Mr Trump holds the key....So much irony here. Hey guys, remember when Iger was very anti-Trump and the Avengers actors with their anti Trump campaigns ads. Now they are at his mercy.  I bet Iger would kiss Trumps feet now. The man has no dignity. 

On the whole I ain't pleased with this move.  But one teeny tiny (shamefully self-centered) bit of me is happy I no longer have to worry about Fox potentially screwing with National Geographic anymore.  I was... displeased, to put it mildly, when Fox bought NatGeo in 2015.  And I've been worried that editorial control would eventually seep into the magazine or programming.

That this might not happen is one of the faint silver linings to this.  

No, it doesn't make it 'worth it'.  No, it doesn't mean I am 'cheering' this.  What it does mean though is that I can recognize some potential good news out of this even if overall it doesn't come close to making up for everything else.

• Like 2

Cool, so does this mean Disney gets the rights to all the movies?  Attack of the Clones royalties??  Avatar?  X-Men and Apes??s

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?view2=allmovies&view=company&studio=fox.htm

DOES this mean Disney is all about remaking our favorite stuff and make it the best of the best.  Then leave it up to other studios and great minded directors to make the best of the best original?  cause I AM DOWN if most of these franchises come back to life with 200M budgets and 75% RT scores, each.

There is some good potential here...  Anastasia, Cleopatra, Edward Scissorshands, X-Files, Assassin's Creed, Prometheus/Alien, Independence Day, I Robot, Robots, Narnia, True Lies, Home Alone, Night at the Museum, Alvin and the Chipmunks,  The Simpsons Movie, Kingsman, Maze Runner, Percy Jackson, HTTYD, Big Mommas House, Ice Age, The Sound of Music, Fantastic Four, Doctor Dolittle, KFP, Die Hard/John McClane, Minority Report, Murder on Orient Express stuff, The A-Team, Eragon, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The Omen, Wimpy Kid, Wall Street, Like Mike, Fat Albert, Poltergeist, Dude, Where's My Car?, Three Stooges, Transporter, Gulliver's Travels, The Fly, Mr Magoriums, Paper Towns/Fault..., 28 Weeks Later, Garfield, Out to Sea, Machete, Ramona and Beezus, Down Periscope, Aliens in the Attic, Titan AE, Babylon AD, Hitman Agent 47, My Super Ex, Hills Have Eyes, Cocoon, Solaris

Edited by Matrix4You

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

On the whole I ain't pleased with this move.  But one teeny tiny (shamefully self-centered) bit of me is happy I no longer have to worry about Fox potentially screwing with National Geographic anymore.  I was... displeased, to put it mildly, when Fox bought NatGeo in 2015.  And I've been worried that editorial control would eventually seep into the magazine or programming.

That this might not happen is one of the faint silver linings to this.  

No, it doesn't make it 'worth it'.  No, it doesn't mean I am 'cheering' this.  What it does mean though is that I can recognize some potential good news out of this even if overall it doesn't come close to making up for everything else.

I’ve quite enjoyed the direction NatGeo has taken in the last few years with Mars and Genius. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Again they need some adult stuff for their streaming service.

I see. So most of the adult stuff will be relegated to streaming service. Ok then...... Its a good thing FOX where not so small minded to regulate Box office hits like Hidden Figures, Revenant, Life of Pi, Orient Express, Gone girl, ect to streaming service.......Silly WB, they should not have released American Sniper or Sully on the big screen. :sparta:Who cares about Old people, right?

55 minutes ago, Hades said:

I see. So most of the adult stuff will be relegated to streaming service. Ok then...... Its a good thing FOX where not so small minded to regulate Box office hits like Hidden Figures, Revenant, Life of Pi, Orient Express, Gone girl, ect to streaming service.......Silly WB, they should not have released American Sniper or Sully on the big screen. :sparta:Who cares about Old people, right?

I think you misunderstood the statement

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hades said:

Who the fuck said that was good? I was saying Disney’s probably going to keep Searchlight alive because of that, I never approved of the deal.

2 hours ago, Hades said:

Ah Yes Mr Trump holds the key....So much irony here. Hey guys, remember when Iger was very anti-Trump and the Avengers actors with their anti Trump campaigns ads. Now they are at his mercy.  I bet Iger would kiss Trumps feet now. The man has no dignity. 

So again just because Murdoch is a stern Republican who again has been Trump day One, I doubt Disney will start hailing him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hades said:

Why would an Avengers actors care if Trump block a deal for Disney to acquire Fox........... ? Not sure what they gain from that.

Same for Iger, he is just an employee and will be more than ok if that deal does not go on, will even be able to retire earlier.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hades said:

It's really up to the Justice Department, not Trump, and in theory Justice Department officials should still have the independence to draw their own conclusions regardless of whatever Trump's opinion of the deal happens to be. Even if the Justice Department does move to block the deal (with or without Trump's interventions), Disney/Fox could fight that in court where I suspect they'd win based on mergers of this size generally being permitted in the past.

In other words, someone like Iger who knows how they system works will be a lot more likely to lawyer up than worry about kissing Trump's feet.

And yes, I know the optics of the whole AT&T/Time Warner merger are not good, but it's not completely clear that Trump's dislike of CNN is the reason for the objections of the Justice Department, and I think it even less likely the merger will ultimately be blocked.

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Same for Iger, he is just an employee and will be more than ok if that deal does not go on, will even be able to retire earlier.

This reminds me when you argued relentlessly with me that Greg Silverman getting canned last year had nothing to do with the 2016 DCEU film slate's box office performance even though media reports at the time pointed directly to them (which I had linked) but OK. 

Anyway Iger is banking on this as been his last great purchase running Disney, as he had done with Pixar/Marvel/SW, before he rides off into the sunset. If the deal gets blocked, that's a blow to his prestige, his empire's planned growth plans, and most importantly for a CEO....his ego. It's like how Michael Eisner for all his issues, he did (w/ Frank Wells) drag Disney from the dumps and not only recovered it but made it more powerful than it was before. That's not debatable.  Regardless his end was marred by his feuds with Pixar and the Disney family and (before that in the 1990s) the costly Ovtiz fiasco and the Katzenberg divorce.