DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

4 minutes ago, mredman said:

AHS, VIKINGS and HOMELAND are still being released. But what will happen to them after this now. Will they continue release them as FOX COMPANY just under Disney like MCU and PIXAR

All of those are aging shows that have been on for a while. AHS will end once Ryan Murphy decides he's officially bored of it.

39 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It has to go through review, but it will be allowed since it isn't a monopoly but is simply a giant chunk.  

You are correct that this sets them up to rule the box office, especially key dates.  They will choke the competition out of key Holiday releases and other prime spots.  

Not sure if you'd have any insight on this but this was brought up in the Deadpool 2 thread. Do you think Disney would have Fox move Deadpool 2 or Disney move Han Solo so it's not three Disney (I know Deadpool 2 is still Fox) movies being released one after another with Han Solo, Deadpool 2, and Incredibles? 

Im only asking because you brought up an interesting point in how Disney can pretty much control the box office by picking the best/most optimal release dates for all their franchises. 

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

A major problem with the deal is who much less films under Fox. I imagine they’ll be limited to like 6 a year (3 from Searchlight and 3 from 2000).

I mean, Searchlight typically only releases 5-8 movies per year; this year is an anomaly (though a strong anomaly) 

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

Not sure if you'd have any insight on this but this was brought up in the Deadpool 2 thread. Do you think Disney would have Fox move Deadpool 2 or Disney move Han Solo so it's not three Disney (I know Deadpool 2 is still Fox) movies being released one after another with Han Solo, Deadpool 2, and Incredibles? 

Im only asking because you brought up an interesting point in how Disney can pretty much control the box office by picking the best/most optimal release dates for all their franchises. 

I thought the deal still needs about 18 months to be approved so I don't think the Fox properties are part of the Disney just yet

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

First, Disney bought Fox

Now, net neutrality is dead

This day keeps on getter worse.

Most of us will survive the first.  As for the second, I have a hunch this is something that could be tied up legalese for years.

27 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

They're only choking the competition because the other studios haven't been putting out product worthy of those prime spots on as consistent a basis.

what a time to be alive. people referring to movies as products without negative connotations. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

First, Disney bought Fox

Now, net neutrality is dead

This day keeps on getter worse.

The latter still has to go to court, and they've already blocked it twice...but that was in a reasonable administration.

Anyway....