efialtes76

Thursday(7/12) Numbers:JL $1.09M...

31 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

JL-$1.09M

DH2-$541K

LadyBird-$466K

JL off 2% from yesterday and 42% week-over-week...

I think all movies that got smashed together in November have really benefited from the chance to breathe the last 2 weeks - it probably hasn't been great for theaters, but it has been great for the box office for all the movies that didn't sky on opening, but have kicked in some nice little legs the past 2 weeks...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

JL off 2% from yesterday and 42% week-over-week...

I think all movies that got smashed together in November have really benefited from the chance to breathe the last 2 weeks - it probably hasn't been great for theaters, but it has been great for the box office for all the movies that didn't sky on opening, but have kicked in some nice little legs the past 2 weeks...

JL is having better drops than FB last year at the same point in its run.

-2% for JL

-3.2% for FB

-6.9% for MJ.

Its  dailies are also $10000 away from BVS on its 21st day.

Edited by Brainiac5

Solid Thursday, will be curious to see if Daddy's Home 2 is an oddity with it's increase. I also echo that the lack of competition these last two weeks has been a boost to all the films in play.

Yet another reason that JL has almost caught up to BVS ;)

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I keep looking for the weekend thread.

But keep forgetting there's only one lame ass movie opening this weekend. :hahaha:

I haven’t seen it, but disaster artist doesn’t seem like a ‘lame-ass movie’ to me. Critics are glowing about it!

Edited by KJsooner
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Kramerica1975 said:

Nice to see that DH2 is holding up pretty good.

It should cross the $100 million line with the help of the holidays.

Yeah, I had felt that way last weekend or so. 

Daddy's Home 2 should get over $100m during December even with Star Wars and other comedies opening like Pitch Perfect 3, which is going to see a drop itself.