CJohn

The Expendables 2 OS thread

What is SK?And where did you get the China estimates?That's great for TE2 in China...but ultimately short of what we expected ($25m). It's going to outgross TE1 by miles!

South Korea I believe.Estimates from Olive in the China thread. :)It will make more on Sunday so will be closer to $25M for the 6-day opening. Edited by JCS

What is SK?And where did you get the China estimates?That's great for TE2 in China...but ultimately short of what we expected ($25m). It's going to outgross TE1 by miles!

Not to be a contrarian, but I didn't expect it to do 25 mill 6 day in China. 20 mill 6 day makes me happy. Unless it absolutely collapses, it will do 40 for sure. 300WW looks pretty much locked now.

South Korea I believe.Estimates from Olive in the China thread. :)It will make more on Sunday so will be closer to $25M for the 6-day opening.

You think EX2 will make close to 25 6 day even though it is at 18.3 including Saturday?

You think EX2 will make close to 25 6 day even though it is at 18.3 including Saturday?

Well, at least closer to $25M. As Olive said, around $22M maybe for the 6-day.And actuals should increase too. Edited by JCS

Perhaps I've over-estimated that, but to me China will make $25m up until Sunday. Which means $127.4m, so it only needs $27.6m from new openings of South Korea, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Vietnam, and 2nd week holdovers from Monday-Sunday for Brazil, Germany, NZ, Australia, and then all the other holdovers. I can't see it making less than $155m by the end of Sunday overseas.In terms of where it ends, I say $240m-250m overseas seems to be an educated guess just looking over the numbers. After this weekend it has no more major openings apart from Japan on Oct. 20. Add in the US gross and it goes above $320m or thereabouts.

Definitely a successful sequel if it ends up 50M above EX1 WW. OS saves the day. :)

$14M OS weekend according to Rentrak!

But they say OS total is now $110.4M which is way too low as it was $102.4M last weekend according to BOM so should at least be around $120M OS now.

Edited by JCS

$14M OS weekend according to Rentrak!

But they say OS total is now $110.4M which is way too low as it was $102.4M last weekend according to BOM so should at least be around $120M OS now.

I say 122-124 mill

Maybe much more thanks to china

Edited by fmpro

It was at 102 last weekend. It did about 22 in China this week plus whatever else the holdovers and other new opening markets bring. It should be closer to 135.

Near $135M OS would be great, I said at least $120M hoping it would be way over that.Perhaps Rentrak's $110.4M OS total is without China numbers as they do not report until Tuesday so that would make sense.

Near $135M OS would be great, I said at least $120M hoping it would be way over that.Perhaps Rentrak's $110.4M OS total is without China numbers as they do not report until Tuesday so that would make sense.

But my numbers make sense, don't they?