CJohn

The Expendables 2 OS thread

I think 300 is done and has been for a while. Its going to hit 37-40 in China and its doing better than the original in most markets. This should lead to a guaranteed 300 mill. It should do another 10-12 in the US. I really think 300 is locked.

I am not sure about the 'done' part. There is still some way to go.Let's see what was the final figure this weekend first.......

Yes, you are right, but there is still quite a few markets to open in. I think it's close to 225 right now. 75 mill shouldn't be a problem...imo.

Yes, you are right, but there is still quite a few markets to open in.

You're wrong about that. There's not many markets to open in at all. Just HK and Japan left, and any other smaller ones that aren't worth mentioning. You're also wrong about agreeing with Fake. You were correct before. $300m is done. There's no way that next weekend will tell us anything new about if it will hit $300m or not. It opens in HK next weekend and that is it. We can see already that $300m is done. It's up to $150m INTL now and $75m DOM, which is $225m. Add HK and Japan and holdovers, and $75m is pretty much done.

^ How's that? It will probably do another 8-10M domestic, 20M from China and 30-35M from rest of the holdovers. Remaining markets will bring in another 10-15M.That is another 70-80M and I am already giving it good legs.So 75M is doable but not locked.

HR foreign article update:

The Expendables 2 returned to the No. 1 box office spot on the foreign theatrical circuit thanks to a mighty opening round in China, the results of which came in Monday.First round in the market threw off an estimated $25.2 million for the action sequel, pushing the film’s total weekend take overall to an estimated $37 million. Biggest markets outside China remain France, Brazil and Australia. Expendable 2’s foreign cume thus mounts to an estimated $122 million.

So it was on $102M OS last weekend, and now it has had a $37M OS weekend including $25.2M from China and it is now on $122M OS...That just makes no sense at all, the OS totals for Expendables 2 are a mess (especially this week)!

Toymaker is Toymaker. I originally joined BOM as Toymaker. I've been known as Algren too. :PConfirmed $140m, ok, that's playing it safe, but yes, it is definitely confirmed at $140m so far. Higher will depend when I get individual updates and add them together or when BOM gets a total. But that China opening, Wow.