CJohn

The Expendables 2 OS thread

Anybody know how to get grosses for Lithuania, Indonesia, Kuwait, Pakistan, Estonia, Israel and Romania?

TE2 has opened there but I cannot get grosses for them, local currency or otherwise. I am sure that BOM used to report for Indonesia, but there doesn't seem to be anything there since April this year. Romania and Estonia and Israel, also BOM markets, but nothing on TE2.

You won't get numbers for Israel, the Expendables2 is being released by a local distributor which never releases any numbers, it was the same for the first Expendables. Edited by Tower

So this weekend has opening Vietnam, South Korea, Slovakia and Czech Republic. So the actual intl weekend gross will not be as high as the past three, but the intl total after this weekend should be good. It's got weekdays from the first week in Brazil, Germany, New Zealand and Australia, plus their 2nd weekends. Plus it has a whole week from China to come. Should be near $155m after the weekend mainly due to China. It looks as though it will disappoint in Korea.

So this weekend has opening Vietnam, South Korea, Slovakia and Czech Republic. So the actual intl weekend gross will not be as high as the past three, but the intl total after this weekend should be good. It's got weekdays from the first week in Brazil, Germany, New Zealand and Australia, plus their 2nd weekends. Plus it has a whole week from China to come. Should be near $155m after the weekend mainly due to China. It looks as though it will disappoint in Korea.

That would be a great number.. Any more big openings comming up soon??

53M made since last BOM update. Nice jump. :) So 250 seems to be within reach (heh hard to tell with staggered release dates) is 300 in the cards?

Perhaps I've over-estimated that, but to me China will make $25m up until Sunday. Which means $127.4m, so it only needs $27.6m from new openings of South Korea, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Vietnam, and 2nd week holdovers from Monday-Sunday for Brazil, Germany, NZ, Australia, and then all the other holdovers. I can't see it making less than $155m by the end of Sunday overseas.In terms of where it ends, I say $240m-250m overseas seems to be an educated guess just looking over the numbers. After this weekend it has no more major openings apart from Japan on Oct. 20. Add in the US gross and it goes above $320m or thereabouts.

That would be a great number.. Any more big openings comming up soon??

Apart from this weekend with South Korea and Czech Rep., only Hong Kong on Sep 13.I'm thinking that because Colombia is opening in late September that the other South American markets that haven't had it yet will also open it. But that is justa theory of mine. Same happened for TE1.Then it's Japan on Oct 20. Edited by The Toymaker