grim22

Thursday #s: TLJ 17.8M, Jumanji 7.55M, TGS 2.1M

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Thanks for listing longer movies, everybody. Great investigative work. Stay on your toes. Might need you later.

No it just to dispel the endless excuses.

Tomorrow we will blame a 3.7 earthquake in California. 

5 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Thanks for listing longer movies, everybody. Great investigative work. Stay on your toes. Might need you later.

actually gone with the wind (1939) is the highest grossing movie of all time adjusted for inflation and therefore star wars has no excuse to not get over that film's adjusted gross

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Gone with the Wind (1939)

238 minutes or 3 hours and 58 minutes

Once Upon a Time in America (1984)

229 minutes or 3 hours and 49 minutes

Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001)

224 minutes or 3 hours and 44 minutes

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

216 minutes or 3 hours and 36 minutes

Ben-Hur (1959)

212 minutes or 3 hours and 32 minutes

Seven Samurai (1954)

207 minutes or 3 hours and 27 minutes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

Posted this in Wednesday thread, but it's better being here.

Assuming Deadline is close with 17.5 for Thursday, I'll undercut and assume 17 for these predictions.

Thursday 17.0

Friday 27.88 (+64%)

Saturday 37.64 (+35%)

Sunday 30 (-20%)

Monday 54 (+80%)

That Sunday drop is about 30% too low.

• Like 2

If $17.5m holds, then it would need Pursuit of Happyness jumps to reach around $81m for the weekend. This is not impossible, but Pursuit of Happyness was a big time outlier on the high end compared to every other holdover in 2006. With Eragon daily percentages each day, it would mean a weekend around $62m. Charlotte's Web daily percentages would be around $57m.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

Posted this in Wednesday thread, but it's better being here.

Assuming Deadline is close with 17.5 for Thursday, I'll undercut and assume 17 for these predictions.

Thursday 17.0

Friday 27.88 (+64%)

Saturday 37.64 (+35%)

Sunday 30 (-20%)

Monday 54 (+80%)

Yeah, that probably wont happen. 64% on Friday is way too high (Thursday is beeing boosted by emerging holidays), the Saturday increase wont be higher than 10-15% (looking at 2006) and Sunday will crash 50% plus.

• Like 1

I don't know how widespread this is across the country, but the locally owned theaters by me are closing at 4-5 PM on Sunday. I don't think they've ever closed that early on Christmas Eve in the past few years. They always open later on Christmas though, which is pretty dumb IMO because more people would be inclined to go out in the morning

Edited by WrathOfHan