a2k

Daily Numbers | Thursday 4th Jan | J 6, TLJ 4.4

16 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Well, those legs were not normal, as TFA dom was not normal ... anomalies happening once in a while.

But will get your word here ... i hope Avatar 2 makes x10 ow, otherwise everybody will be mocking at you for the movie being a huge enormous disappoint not matching Avatar numbers ... 

10x seems a little high when its opening to over 150m. DOM around 850m, OS 2500m.

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

10x seems a little high when its opening to over 150m. DOM around 850m, OS 2500m.

I doubt Avatar 2 does $800M DOM. I feel like $450M-$600M DOM is where it’s heading, 3D was a big thing for Avatar and it’s pretty much dead here.

Something like $530M/$2.5B seems right. I see decent China numbers but okay everything else.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I doubt Avatar 2 does $800M DOM. I feel like $450M-$600M DOM is where it’s heading, 3D was a big thing for Avatar and it’s pretty much dead here.

Fortune favours the bold my friend.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Starting Saturday, I expect TLJ's dailies to run even or slightly below RO for the remainder of its run DOM. Though, I guess it could happen as soon as today too.

That would mean a total around 625. I think Disney will make sure it gets over Avengers at least. They can give it one of those expansions like they always do with their other films.

23 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Something like $530M/$2.5B seems right. I see decent China numbers but okay everything else.

I'm sure Jim will come up with some kind of no-glasses relativistic quantum string hyperspace-time projected 11D thingamajig to get audiences to empty their pockets.

2 minutes ago, AndyChrono said:

I'm sure Jim will come up with some kind of no-glasses relativistic quantum string hyperspace-time projected 11D thingamajig to get audiences to empty their pockets.

Jim will use his special technique no other blockbuster director seems to be able to pull off, it's called making a good movie.

Edited by IronJimbo

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim will use his special technique no other blockbuster director seems to be able to pull off, it's called making a good movie.

With that you mean new technology and amazing visuals, don't you?

Anyone stating that the performance of SW in China shouldn't disapoint Disney are embarassing themselves.

We are talking about the market with the biggest potential out there by a huge margin.

Actually SW is disapointing in almost any fast-developing market and very soon US,UK and Germany will just not be enough for an impressive performanve.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Anyone stating that the performance of SW in China shouldn't disapoint Disney are embarassing themselves.

We are talking about the market with the biggest potential out there by a huge margin.

Actually SW is disapointing in almost any fast-developing market and very soon US,UK and Germany will just not be enough for an impressive performanve.

Except it's not just those three markets where it does well.  There's many others it thrives in.

I guess this was inevitable.  The common folk lining up to kick dirt on a supposed dead franchise that is going to be the 6th highest grossing film of all time domestically and top ten world wide.  There's no denying that the film has split the fanboys in two, but there's also no denying that it's a massive hit.  Some of you need to think before you let your fingers hit the submit button.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

You are right with this one. When FF8 grosses $400M (and just $225M dom) and WW2 grosses $850M in China alone. 

A Franchise that had a movie grossing $937M domestic, even TLJ still grosses $600+M, one would expect more than $35M in China.

Which Means China will be just 6th largest OS-market after Uk, Japan, Germany, France and Australia.

Just now, baumer said:

Except it's not just those three markets where it does well.  There's many others it thrives in.

I guess this was inevitable.  The common folk lining up to kick dirt on a supposed dead franchise that is going to be the 6th highest grossing film of all time domestically and top ten world wide.  There's no denying that the film has split the fanboys in two, but there's also no denying that it's a massive hit.  Some of you need to think before you let your fingers hit the submit button.

It is highly successful, but it success isn't based on most movie markets but just on a few: Dom, Uk, Germany, Japan, France, Australia and Scandinavia and it did good in some other European Markets. But it did awful in South America and Asia.

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

This is going to happen on and off until Episode IX. I'm not going to include Solo here. But, I think the curious want to see whether DOM/OS returns continue to diminish, remain static or, even, see an uptick. But, you're right, until Episode IX, we won't really have concrete data here.

13 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I wouldn’t recommend Disney to change what SW is about just to please some markets, when you don‘t even know if you can succeed at all in those markets and at the same time alienating your main audience.