a2k

Daily Numbers | Thursday 4th Jan | J 6, TLJ 4.4

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

The lack of new animated PG competition is probably helping Ferdinand to hold on to more theaters, even with it not doing great business. 

Any thoughts on whether Paddington's release will cause it to shed a bunch?  I know Paddington is live action but it's hitting in that same age demographic.

46 minutes ago, Sal said:

Any thoughts on whether Paddington's release will cause it to shed a bunch?  I know Paddington is live action but it's hitting in that same age demographic.

I would guess Paddington would take away a substantial amount of screens from Ferdiand (around say 500). Both are PG, and are targeting families. 

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

I imagine that Ferdi loses at least 30% of it's screens next week - Paddington should open around 25m 4-day which will hurt both Ferdi and Coco

Target has already posted a shipping date for Coco on Blu Ray.  It remains to be seen if it's accurate or not.

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

I imagine that Ferdi loses at least 30% of it's screens next week - Paddington should open around 25m 4-day which will hurt both Ferdi and Coco

I’m not expecting anything animated until I2 to have an OW over $35M.

• Like 1

Just now, TheForceuser707 said:

Laughing all the way to the bank when they haven't broken even yet???

So far they've recouped just $356M in North America, after deductions.

How much did the movie cost to make and market?

Hard to be a God (2013)

37 minutes ago, TheForceuser707 said:

Laughing all the way to the bank when they haven't broken even yet???

So far they've recouped just $356M in North America, after deductions.

How much did the movie cost to make and market?

I imagine your simply trolling, but you do realize how big 356m in rental is, in one market alone.

If they would have got a more regular 53% dbo retention rate like others movie tend to get instead of a special 65%, they would have needed to do 671m, something only Avatar and Force Awaken did.....

Even with a say 500m cost to make and market, yes they are going to the bank big time and when you add foreign rental, it already covered movie cost and marketing cost just from rental, something almost no modern movie do.