Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

26 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Doja Cat for the Elvis soundtrack FTW

Doja apparently has some sort of interpolation of Hound Dog on the Elvis soundtrack, I don't know if that will count as an original song or not for Oscar purposes.

Love the extra declarations from the songwriter or filmmakers about what ends up being a random credits song. Remember Nolan saying Travis Scott unlocked the key to Tenet? I'm sure this Gaga song will be more memorable than that, but it's going to get compared to Take My Breath Away, a very high bar.

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Doja apparently has some sort of interpolation of Hound Dog on the Elvis soundtrack, I don't know if that will count as an original song or not for Oscar purposes.

Love the extra declarations from the songwriter or filmmakers about what ends up being a random credits song. Remember Nolan saying Travis Scott unlocked the key to Tenet? I'm sure this Gaga song will be more memorable than that, but it's going to get compared to Take My Breath Away, a very high bar.

The Plan is fun.

Ignore everything about Astroworld though :bagoverhead:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Only social media reactions are allowed. Critics reviews on 12th May. It's very risky

It must have tested well. 

Weird that the very talented Jennifer Connelly is being hidden from all promotions. 

No shade to Gaga but the fact that she's getting more association with the movie than the damn female lead. 

40 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Those who saw the movie when they were kids/young adults are older now and have different standards

i'm expecting lukewarm reception like Ghostbusters Afterlife , good enough for fans, but far from critical fave , i don't think this will be The Mummy situation based off everything we heard

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i'm expecting lukewarm reception like Ghostbusters Afterlife , good enough for fans, but far from critical fave , i don't think this will be The Mummy situation based off everything we heard

Sounds about right. The memberberries are gonna annoy the critics for sure.

18 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Ghostbusters Afterlife was just complete lazy nostalgia baiting. Hope Tom Cruise has more ambition than that 

• Like 2