Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

On 4/9/2022 at 9:06 PM, EmpireCity said:

I've been ringing this bell from the second I got out of that screening.  Again, they were going to show the full movie last August and pulled it the night before and replaced it with Clifford.  They are very very confident in this, as they should be.  

Are you attending CinemaCon this year EC?

The headlines for this movie write themselves.

"Tog Gun comes crashing down"

"Top Gun reaches lofty heights"

"Maverick at the Top of the Box office - "Gun"ning for 100M Memorial Day weekend"

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

It's Cruise.  He's still the boss at Paramount.  What do you expect? 

They'll cancel another Star Trek movie in lieu of funding Cruise's latest endeavors.  😉

As they should, beyond was great but those movies don't make much money.

• Disbelief 1

Just now, Maggie said:

I'm very conflicted. Movie looks awesome and they put a lot of work into it, but i don't know if people are gonna bite. Let's hope it's a hit

I think a whole cohort of Gen X and millenial men will rush out to see this and make the OW huge (anecdotally, men over 35 at my office who I have never known to be filmgoers have mentioned this on multiple occasions as something they want to see), but who knows if it can broaden its appeal beyond that 

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

I'm very conflicted. Movie looks awesome and they put a lot of work into it, but i don't know if people are gonna bite. Let's hope it's a hit

Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

Dont worry. This is like the quintessential Dad movie. It will do well.

Holy crap, some of these aerial shots are INSANE. The score also sounds epic and the Lady Gaga involvement has me both intrigued and hyped.

Can't wait to witness the magic on the big screen.

Edited by TylerG

Talked to a theater person, and they said their private corporate bookings are already "off the charts" compared to anything they have seen since pre-pandemic.  

Paramount letting theaters book as early as 8am on Wednesday.  It will not be an insignificant number in the opening gross.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

5 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Talked to a theater person, and they said their private corporate bookings are already "off the charts" compared to anything they have seen since pre-pandemic.  

Paramount letting theaters book as early as 8am on Wednesday.  It will not be an insignificant number in the opening gross.  

And yet the kids think this has no hype 🙄

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

US premiere more than three weeks before the movie opens? That's weird

They're probably confident 

Screening at Cinemacon, early premiere with probably reactions right after + presales, then screening at Cannes with an special award for Cruise. 

Reviews is definitely dropping on May 15 maximum as well because there's no embargo for festivals. If they didn't allow reviews before Cannes, it will drop there and the screening is on May 15.

So yeah, review at least 12 days before release. 

I think they're expecting all this rollout to help the OW when it opens.