Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

They are scammers, but they have a case if they can prove the movie was not completed until May 2021, but i doubt they can prove that since the movie was ready for release in 2020

Is that how the legal interpretation? I think the definition of "right" could also include its distribution, which means delay or not, the movie will come after 35 years of the tenure. I think Paramount in the end, will just write a check to resolve the dispute. 

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

Asylum just dropped the mockbuster. It might actually do well.

MV5BZGNmZjhiMjAtN2M5Yy00NmM3LTlhNWMtMWQ0

I was gonna say "didn't they already make one for Maverick?" but I looked it up and turns out they did - but for Maverick's original release date before it got delayed, so I guess they decided to make another one lol.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, AJG said:

Asylum just dropped the mockbuster. It might actually do well.

MV5BZGNmZjhiMjAtN2M5Yy00NmM3LTlhNWMtMWQ0

Edit: I won't lie to you... I actually like the concept. Its basically Speed but on a plane. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 10:24 PM, DAJK said:

Bruh :lol: I feel like predicting 300/1B just because I need to counteract some of the negativity you’re bringing to this thread.

Your domestic is off but your worldwide might come very close LOL

• Like 2

On 2/28/2022 at 10:45 PM, Maggie said:

Cruise is in a very trick position. The movie is sponsored by the US military. He needs to sing it praises, but with the war happening i don't know what he'll do. This movie was such a bad idea.

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2022 at 10:45 PM, Maggie said:

Cruise is in a very trick position. The movie is sponsored by the US military. He needs to sing it praises, but with the war happening i don't know what he'll do. This movie was such a bad idea.

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by baumer

On 6/6/2022 at 5:16 PM, lightscamera said:

Entertainment and copyright lawyer 

Larry Zerner, for those who don't know is also the guy who played Shelly in Friday the 13th part 3. He's famous in Friday the 13th history because he's the one that Jason got his mask from.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

The Pentagon was involved in the making of this film?

plenty of films that heavily feature the US military have been assisted by them or some other department. It’s a pretty normal thing actually, Wikipedia has a list but I get the idea they are missing a bunch of films 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military-entertainment_complex

• Like 3

Third times a charm, still a masterpiece. Audience has applauded at the end every time I've seen it and this time was the loudest response. Never seen a Wednesday show on the second week be this busy before, packed house. I know it won't but it'd be great if this ended up #1 this weekend (I think it'll be a close #2 though).

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Third times a charm, still a masterpiece. Audience has applauded at the end every time I've seen it and this time was the loudest response. Never seen a Wednesday show on the second week be this busy before, packed house. I know it won't but it'd be great if this ended up #1 this weekend (I think it'll be a close #2 though).

You've never seen Wednesday showing on the second week be that busy? Do you not go to summer movies or Christmas movies? Did you ever see TFA during the weekdays of its Christmas run? 

10 hours ago, baumer said:

You've never seen Wednesday showing on the second week be that busy? Do you not go to summer movies or Christmas movies? Did you ever see TFA during the weekdays of its Christmas run? 

Admittedly I was overseas when TFA came out and only went once on the opening weekend. Christmas time is different for that, I'm just not used to seeing a Wednesday night that busy this time of year is all. Usually like half full at best in my experience.

• Like 1