MaxAggressor

Weekend Thread | Estimates (per DHD) ~ MR:TDC 23M, J 15.8M, H 9.8M, TGS 9.3M, TP 8.7M, 12S/DoT 7.9M, TSOW 5.7M, P2 5.5M, TLJ 4M, TBOEM 3.6M

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, I need to get on it soon. My AMC is probably going to keep it for another week (they kept Emoji around until Ninjago ffs), but it's not locked.

If your theater likes to keep at least one family film in its lineup, then you have until February 8 or so.

Just now, Arlborn said:

Gnomes marketing is so weird. It's not like kids would care much for that kind of marketing, right? What are they even trying to achieve with those posters?

I found the posters amusing but I'd never go to the movie theater to watch it no matter how many amusing posters they put out. So what's the plan here?

They should have sold it to Netflix :hahaha: 

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Gnomes marketing is so weird. It's not like kids would care much for that kind of marketing, right? What are they even trying to achieve with those posters?

I found the posters amusing but I'd never go to the movie theater to watch it no matter how many amusing posters they put out. So what's the plan here?

I was originally gonna wait till home video to rent it but the posters have convinced me that it deserves to be viewed theatrically

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

To be fair, it worked for this...

f89.jpg

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

8 hours ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

It's not... Sure, you get men who rag on 50 Shades because it's geared to women but plenty of women also think 50 Shades isn't particularly sexy, believe there is much better erotica around and are baffled that the Twilight fanfic is the one to take off. Good for the fans who like it, I guess, but a property having a fanbase doesn't make it immune from criticism.

It's like some people think that just because women are underserved by the industry they have to be thankful for whatever they're given.

• Thanks 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

If your theater likes to keep at least one family film in its lineup, then you have until February 8 or so.

Typically that's the case. Ninjago is the exception because they dropped that on October 27 a week before Ragnarok and two weeks before DH2. If they drop Paddington, it'll probably be because Jumanji and Showman can fill the family void.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I was originally gonna wait till home video to rent it but the posters have convinced me that it deserves to be viewed theatrically

Yeah but how many other people fit your profile? 2? 3? And they are all on this forum...

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

It seems to be working fine for me, since I'm actually interested in the film now. Gnomes are back and bigger then ever. Bring on the Gnomeassiance. 

• Disbelief 1

23 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

What does that have to do with the question of whether people care about Thanos, as opposed to all MCU heroes together.

They've been teasing the infinity gems and Thanos since the first Avengers.

Phase one, two and three have all been leading to the Infinity Guantlet.

Spider-man, Black Panther, Vision, Cap, Bucky, etc being in the same movie isn't that big of a deal. And please don't say the Infinity War trailer has close to 130 million views because of a 2 second outro wit the Guardians of the Galaxy.

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Though in all seriousness, I think the reason these posters are made are to get a laugh out of parents and to garner more attention on the Internet and social media buzz than it is to appeal to children. I still think Zootopia was the master at these parodies, and they knew it, considering they would make these types of posters three times (one for regular films, one for Oscars 2016, one for Oscars 2017)

zootopia-posters-all.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1