MaxAggressor

Weekend Thread | Estimates (per DHD) ~ MR:TDC 23M, J 15.8M, H 9.8M, TGS 9.3M, TP 8.7M, 12S/DoT 7.9M, TSOW 5.7M, P2 5.5M, TLJ 4M, TBOEM 3.6M

That minuscule drops every week for Jumanji and the greatest Showman are truly incredible and kind of bring us back to a different era of box office. And a question I have is, the 100% increases on Saturday for both Jumanji and Star Wars, is that normal for this time of year? I'm working right now so I don't have time to go research it myself.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I don't think that's a bad number for Maze overall. Sunday drop is a little worrying, but I think it could come near its budget domestically. OS it's probably going to do o/u 200M, so considering this is the last one anyway, Fox is still going to make a profit.

Hope Sunday number goes up since it's a little harsher than the other movies 

• Like 1

Jumanji makes me so happy. I remember a December when I was a kid and my grandpa just bought it on PPV for all the grandchildren on vacation they had to put up with almost every day. We would watch it like 5 times a day on a loop.

I was hoping it'd have a Daddy's Home-like run. LOL. What a run.

Just now, baumer said:

That minuscule drops every week for Jumanji and the greatest Showman are truly incredible and kind of bring us back to a different era of box office. And a question I have is, the 100% increases on Saturday for both Jumanji and Star Wars, is that normal for this time of year? I'm working right now so I don't have time to go research it myself.

Yeah, it usually is. Movies tend to have gigantic Saturday increases at this time of year.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, it usually is. Movies tend to have gigantic Saturday increases at this time of year.

Like all movies? Or just some?

Going to admit though, despite how much I love MR, it's got nothing on Potter

IMO Death Cure was better than 2 or 3 of the "worst" aka "least amazing" of the Potters, but overall that franchise has you invested with the characters like no other

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baumer said:

14 years of following box office and I haven't seen such ridiculousness as what Showman and Jumanji are putting up for non platform releases. Makes for a memorable holiday season that is for sure. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Family leaning films are definitely normal to the 100%+ crowd during the school year.  

I actually think most of the Sunday estimates are overly generous. Apparently last week's sharp corrections have been forgotten. Lol. 

Last week was the play-offs though. This week has nothing (unless you care about the Grammys).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Going to admit though, despite how much I love MR, it's got nothing on Potter

IMO Death Cure was better than 2 or 3 of the "worst" aka "least amazing" of the Potters, but overall that franchise has you invested with the characters like no other

The Hunger Games is a better series than Potter

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 2

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The Hunger Games is a better series than Potter

no one even remembers the hunger games tbh. the first one is really the only one that made any kind of pop cultural dent. what a wimper that shit went out on.

• Like 6

So I had some people from work stay the night and we were watching 12 Years a Slave... for whatever reason that movie is so hard to stomach I think it was for Lupita before Black Panther

so then holy fuck THAT scene... that scene. We found the clip on YouTube and scrolled to the comments. Those YouTube comments seriously make me disgusted in parts of humanity right now :(