Jump to content
That One Guy

The Art of Racing in the Rain | Sep 27 2019 | Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us) to star | Simon Curtis (My Week with Marilyn) directing

Recommended Posts

I got the book for Christmas but haven't started reading it yet. The concept sounds like something that could strike a cors with the masses, so I am not surprised that there is talk of a film version. I hope this both gets made and is successful, so that more modest-yet-entertaining Films such as this get made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched the trailer. I think it looks very good. I'm in the middle of the book now and the book is definitely more mature than this movie, but this movie picked a great director and a great cast, and those good choices really present themselves in the trailer. This can end up being much closer to Paddington than the other dog-POV films.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I swear if my theatre doesn’t get this after not playing a Dog’s Journey im going to throw a fit.

 

And then watch them play Cats in all the biggest auditoriums come Christmas. Some heavy anti-dog bias going on

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2019 at 1:25 PM, DAJK said:

I swear if my theatre doesn’t get this after not playing a Dog’s Journey im going to throw a fit.

 

And then watch them play Cats in all the biggest auditoriums come Christmas. Some heavy anti-dog bias going on

Dogs are going to have to pick up their game if they want to compete with cats at the B.O.   Where's the singing and/or dancing?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

@DAJK do you know yet if your theatre will be getting this? I'm back in BC for the summer and the theatre in Kamloops won't. I'm kind of surprised.

Official bookings don’t arrive until Tuesday (cause of the holiday today) but I’ve been told we’re getting it, so I’m pretty sure

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Official bookings don’t arrive until Tuesday (cause of the holiday today) but I’ve been told we’re getting it, so I’m pretty sure

Ok cool. I ask because your theatre has generally been a good indicator of what the one here gets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Ok cool. I ask because your theatre has generally been a good indicator of what the one here gets.

It’s sort of a weird case this weekend though, we actually got offered all 4 wide releases and got to pick 2, with the caveat that we couldn’t have both family titles. So box office wise I’m not sure why they picked rain over Dora but I’m fine with it cause I wasn’t gonna watch Dora anyways.

But yea, we NEVER get to pick what we play, so this really is strange

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It’s sort of a weird case this weekend though, we actually got offered all 4 wide releases and got to pick 2, with the caveat that we couldn’t have both family titles. So box office wise I’m not sure why they picked rain over Dora but I’m fine with it cause I wasn’t gonna watch Dora anyways.

But yea, we NEVER get to pick what we play, so this really is strange

Yeah not sure. Maybe because it's a weekend full of DOA offerings it doesn't even matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.