That One Girl

The Art of Racing in the Rain | Sep 27 2019 | Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us) to star | Simon Curtis (My Week with Marilyn) directing

I got the book for Christmas but haven't started reading it yet. The concept sounds like something that could strike a cors with the masses, so I am not surprised that there is talk of a film version. I hope this both gets made and is successful, so that more modest-yet-entertaining Films such as this get made.

Just watched the trailer. I think it looks very good. I'm in the middle of the book now and the book is definitely more mature than this movie, but this movie picked a great director and a great cast, and those good choices really present themselves in the trailer. This can end up being much closer to Paddington than the other dog-POV films.

I swear if my theatre doesn’t get this after not playing a Dog’s Journey im going to throw a fit.

And then watch them play Cats in all the biggest auditoriums come Christmas. Some heavy anti-dog bias going on

• Like 3

On 5/20/2019 at 1:25 PM, DAJK said:

I swear if my theatre doesn’t get this after not playing a Dog’s Journey im going to throw a fit.

And then watch them play Cats in all the biggest auditoriums come Christmas. Some heavy anti-dog bias going on

Dogs are going to have to pick up their game if they want to compete with cats at the B.O.   Where's the singing and/or dancing?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

@DAJK do you know yet if your theatre will be getting this? I'm back in BC for the summer and the theatre in Kamloops won't. I'm kind of surprised.

Official bookings don’t arrive until Tuesday (cause of the holiday today) but I’ve been told we’re getting it, so I’m pretty sure

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Official bookings don’t arrive until Tuesday (cause of the holiday today) but I’ve been told we’re getting it, so I’m pretty sure

Ok cool. I ask because your theatre has generally been a good indicator of what the one here gets.

12 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Ok cool. I ask because your theatre has generally been a good indicator of what the one here gets.

It’s sort of a weird case this weekend though, we actually got offered all 4 wide releases and got to pick 2, with the caveat that we couldn’t have both family titles. So box office wise I’m not sure why they picked rain over Dora but I’m fine with it cause I wasn’t gonna watch Dora anyways.

But yea, we NEVER get to pick what we play, so this really is strange

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It’s sort of a weird case this weekend though, we actually got offered all 4 wide releases and got to pick 2, with the caveat that we couldn’t have both family titles. So box office wise I’m not sure why they picked rain over Dora but I’m fine with it cause I wasn’t gonna watch Dora anyways.

But yea, we NEVER get to pick what we play, so this really is strange

Yeah not sure. Maybe because it's a weekend full of DOA offerings it doesn't even matter.