That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

34 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I'm only here for Angela Bassett.  Hopefully she has more than just a glorified cameo. 

Image result for angela bassett gif tina turner

You should be happy to hear that when Angela Bassett's first scene happened, the lady next to me told her friend, "Have you seen that 9-1-1 show yet?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Here's what I got:

-I know I had a trailer before JW, but I can't remember what it was

-Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

-Ready Player One

-Red Sparrow

-Ant-Man and the Wasp

-Solo

What's weird is that the trailers that played for JW and RPO weren't the new ones, but the ones that released in December. I don't know if that's what ByDeluxe attached, or that was what my theater did, but it was kinda weird.

Bleh. Outside of Ant Man, I don't care for any of those, but I know I'll end up getting Red Sparrow just because. How big of a hit was Hello Kitty?

Edited by Jandrew

Just now, Jandrew said:

Bleh. Outside of Ant Man, I don't care for any of those, especially Red Sparrow. How big of hit was the Hello Kitty?

Surprisingly, the crowd wasn't really super reactive towards the trailers. Thankfully, they were very receptive towards the movie. No applause, but a lot of heavy laughs, and a lot of murmurs and whispers throughout.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Sounds like my nightmare.

Yeah, it was kinda rough. Every 15 or so minutes, the people to the right of me would be talking to themselves, and the worst part was that unlike Jumanji where I was right next to a guy who talked a lot, so I can tell him to shush, he was 3 or 4 seats away from me, so I couldn't ask him to be quiet. Thankfully, the movie was still v. v. good, so it wasn't that awful of an experience.

• Sad 1

200 for the 3 day is happening if it's 24m in previews. That's almost the same as Civil War's previews, except the breakdown of pre-sales Deep Wang gave us showed that BP was not preview heavy at all compared to all other recent MCU releases in pre-sales. And there's so much more potential for walk up business than something like Civil War. Gonna be a crazy ride this weekend. 

• Like 6

Boy howdy Black Panther sure is great. Wow. Blew past my expectation, removed the ceiling for what a MCU movie can be. Joins with TLJ, Blade Runner, and the Apes movies as the best franchise blockbuster since 2010 by a fair margin

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 11
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Boy howdy Black Panther sure is great. Wow. Blew past my expectation, removed the ceiling for what a MCU movie can be. Joins with TLJ, Blade Runner, and the Apes movies as the best franchise since 2010 by a fair margin

:gold::gold::gold:

Lord I hope that's the first and last time I ever see TLJ mentioned in the same breadth of quality as BP. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lord I hope that's the first and last time I ever see TLJ mentioned in the same breadth of quality as BP. 

Last Jedi was fucking excellent, sorry all your theories didn't pan out and that Luke Skywalker wasn't a guy without any character flaws who just showed up to own a bunch of CGI dudes at the end or whatever. 

But anyway, this is Black Panther's weekend, and man that rocked. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

TLJ is actually a little bit better than Black Panther. Both are very good though.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Last Jedi was fucking excellent, sorry all your theories didn't pan out and that Luke Skywalker wasn't a guy without any character flaws who just showed up to own a bunch of CGI dudes at the end or whatever. 

But anyway, this is Black Panther's weekend, and man that rocked. 

Mmm hmm, well I'll just let the director and his need to explain all his decisions speak for itself. Something Coogler surely won't be doing with BP because he knows he made a winner that needs no defending. :)

Edited by MovieMan89

http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-thursday-night-preview-box-office-1202291093/

As of right now, sources tell us that the God-blessed movie about God's Black son Samson is on a course to make $45M-$50M tonight with a outside chance of breaking Thursday preview night record beating Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($57M)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Disbelief 1