That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

If it weren't for AWIT, Disney could've had three films in a row over 500M.

As it stands, they might end up having an entire year of $100M+ grossers (waiting to see first footage of Christopher Robin). That has to be a first for a studio, right?

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

If it weren't for AWIT, Disney could've had three films in a row over 500M.

If AM2 somehow manages 300, MCU could have at least a 10 film 300+ streak DOM:

1. GOTG 2

2. Spiderman Homecoming

3. Thor Ragnarok

4. Black Panther

5. Infinity War

6. Ant Man and the Wasp

7. Captain Marvel

8. Avengers 4

9. Homecoming 2

10. GOTG 3

Watch Disney have the top 3 domestically (BP, IW, and I2). All over $500M. And Infinity War is the lowest grossing.

Hell if December wasn’t a clusterfuck I’d say Poppins could make $500M too. 

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Pure insanity BP 4 day is being compared to Avengers OW.

THERE IS NO SUPERHERO FATIGUE!

Of course not. It's pretty obvious, that in times like these, people urgently need them, even if they are just fictional. They still help to escape the daily struggles and spread hope for real-world heroes to arrive.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Watch Disney have the top 3 domestically (BP, IW, and I2). All over $500M. And Infinity War is the lowest grossing.

Hell if December wasn’t a clusterfuck I’d say Poppins could make $500M too. 

Poppins could make 400 though, its only direct competitor in December is Spider-verse. I still don't think 400 is a lock for JW2, so Disney could even end up with the top 4 of the year DOM. Though I don't think I2 is hitting 400. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Of course not. It's pretty obvious, that in times like these, people urgently need them, even if they are just fictional. They still help to escape the daily struggles and spread hope for real-world heroes to arrive.

Superhero genre is basically the only consistent successful genre left with good chances at breakouts.

The world sucks right now and people want to keep believing in superheroes.

The only loser studios are those studios without their own superheroes.

• Like 2

$76M??? Oh hell yes, I can definitely live with that! Those $160 million frontloaded posts had me a little shook, but I was accepting it.

giphy.gif

So ready for the "Africa Reigns: Black Panther Now The Biggest non-Avengers Superhero Opening of All Time" and "All Hail: Black Panther Lands Top 5 All Time Opening" headlines. Printing and framing them.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Poppins could make 400 though, its only direct competitor in December is Spider-verse. I still don't think 400 is a lock for JW2, so Disney could even end up with the top 4 of the year DOM. Though I don't think I2 is hitting 400. 

With Peter Rabbit being the last big animation and WIT being the last big family film (which can either be a big hit or flop), 14 years of nostalgia, Pixar, a barren field competition wise, the superhero popularity now, I can easily see it over $400M.

5 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

$76M??? Oh hell yes, I can definitely live with that! Those $160 million frontloaded posts had me a little shook, but I was accepting it.

giphy.gif

So ready for the "Africa Reigns: Black Panther Now The Biggest non-Avengers Superhero Opening of All Time" and "All Hail: Black Panther Lands Top 5 All Time Opening" headlines. Printing and framing them.

Man, what I would pay to have Denzel or Chris Tucker in the BP franchise 

Especially Chris Tucker.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'd say it has no really threatening competition until Rampage in two months. March looks filled with potential flops.

Yeah this March looks dire and unappetizing, especially compared to last year's record breaking March. Amazing how quick things can change in one calendar year. 

One year it's the biggest January of all time. Next year is the worst attended January since 1972. That's box office.

Edited by Jandrew

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Really?  This is not playing huge on the west coast?  I guess I'm surprised...but I guess that's another area, like Canada, that it's just gonna play like a normal super for now...I mean, they have to be somewhere:)...

I guess this proves east coasters have better taste (this is a joke!:)...

Not bad but nowhere near the east coast business.  LOL Theatres are still adding shows and its 1am now. I'm seeing shows for 2 and 3 am, lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

Man, what I would pay to have Denzel or Chris Tucker in the BP franchise 

Especially Chris Tucker.

Oh man I was about to say to my mom earlier "only thing missing with that incredible cast was Denzel." We're so twins, Sam.

And you'd probably be happy to know that when Vic Damone unfortunately passed away last week, Twitter was quick to remember Chris Tucker's Oscar worthy portrayal of Vic Damone Jr.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

With Peter Rabbit being the last big animation and WIT being the last big family film (which can either be a big hit or flop), 14 years of nostalgia, Pixar, a barren field competition wise, the superhero popularity now, I can easily see it over $400M.

400 requires an admissions increase from the first. That's not an easy feat by any stretch for any sequel to something that did huge admissions. If everything goes right for it, I see a similar situation as Dory where it basically grosses the same as the first adjusted, so $385-ish.