That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

yeah it really needed the push. no big movies to attach it to between now and it's release i wonder if anyone will even know it's coming out.

BP is attracting new fans to this universe that aren't even aware of the other movies. It would have been nice to show them that he's going to be in another movie coming up lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah it really needed the push. no big movies to attach it to between now and it's release i wonder if anyone will even know it's coming out.

Um it was attached to the last Jedi and broke all trailer records.

I am actually rather sick of that trailer now

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AJ2k said:

BP is attracting new fans to this universe that aren't even aware of the other movies. It would have been nice to show them that he's going to be in another movie coming up lol.

I'm telling you, one run through the 40 second Marvel logo is enough. Doing it twice is painful.

I had the IW trailer twice, so I went through that shit three fucking times. I've sold my story to I Shouldn't Be Alive. It was suffering.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AJ2k said:

This is true from a marketing perspective, yeah. The more of the BP audience you can retain that weren’t previously MCU fans the better.     

OTOH, putting the Infinity War trailer before BP could be considered kind of spoilery/confusing for people who are a bit out of the loop.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

I think Pr was used on features film like The Social Network, and also in some broadcasting programs. But yes Avid is still the dominating one.

But with more and more internet-based professional vloggers and indie movie makers, Premiere and Final Cut Pro are taking the market share where Avid is just too "heavy" to even compete.

FCPX is deader than a doornail in the professional arena. (Well, I take that back, it’s not quite dead but it’s essentially a non-factor). Premiere has certainly been used by some high-profile movies but it’s still the exception to the rule (in that it’s actually noteworthy when a major film is cut on it). 

Avid doesn’t give a rat’s ass about vloggers (and honestly they shouldn’t — it’s a completely different market than their core strengths). Premiere does some things great, and Adobe is generally responsive when it comes to feature fixes and updates, but it still doesn’t play nicely in odd ways with certain pro workflows.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Is this a safe space where we can talk about how bad the Tomb Raider trailer is without getting rants from the megafans

Cuz hooooooooooooooooooly shit

It honestly is amazing how the VFX in that trailer doesn't look like they have improved at all from Cradle of Life 15 years ago

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i have no mouth and i must scream

We got the iw trailer and other people said they got it ....

I think you are right every one should have gotten the trailer was good marketing.

But pretty much anyone interest in superhero movies knows that IW is coming out.

Edited by Lordmandeep

21 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

"When Reddit sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing like-whores. They're bringing shitty memes. They're MRAs. And some, I assume, are good people."

Those immigrants will never understand how hard the native borns had to work to get our like ratios up when likes were first introduced to our forum years later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

We got the iw trailer and other people said they got it ....

I think you are right every one should have gotten the trailer was good marketing.

But pretty much anyone interest in superhero movies knows that IW is coming out.

that's weird, i think my eye just started twitching.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'm telling you, one run through the 40 second Marvel logo is enough. Doing it twice is painful.

I had the IW trailer twice, so I went through that shit three fucking times. I've sold my story to I Shouldn't Be Alive. It was suffering.

It's practical cringe. I sat with my head covered when that logo appeared in BP. It's no good. 

• Like 1