That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

2 hours ago, Alexiswills12 said:

Disney is playing jokes now. No way it goes from a 9 drop to 45 today. No way

If this wasn’t a quasi-holiday, it would be more like 70%. 45% is very reasonable. It’s not a holiday for everyone. Would bet 60% or more of the workforce is working today, whereas the exact opposite is true on a Sunday or a real holiday (Memorial Day for instance).

Edited by redfirebird2008

2 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

No politics here. Just good old fashioned daydream: This hits 700MM

I would hate that honestly. It should either crash to under 500M or get in TA1/TLJ region or above Avatar. Anything different is boring at this point :qotd::qotd:

Spoiler

No, im not serious

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

If this wasn’t a holiday, it would be more like 70%. 45% is very reasonable. It’s not a holiday for everyone. Would bet 70% or more of the workforce is working today. 

Keep in mind that most of these Monday sell out reports are coming from east coast big cities. I suspect cities like Duluth, El Paso, Portland, Salt Lake City, etc. are probably just experiencing a busier than normal (but not gangbusters) Monday. 

Ohmygod we're talking about post-colonial criticism in English and the prof brought up Black Panther on a tangent.

He then asked me "oh you work at the movie theatre dyl" and just asked sort of for my opinion on how the movie works from a cultural perspective.

And that girl who got mad at me a few weeks back about being a "white male" in class (I'm one of three boys in the class, only one who is Caucasian) and this girl wasn't just sitting in the corner and wasn't like "don't you dare impose your racist or sexist opinions on the rest of us how about that" and the prof just got mad in front of the class "what did I say about making comments like that [girl's name]" 

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 4

17 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

If this wasn’t a holiday, it would be more like 70%. 45% is very reasonable. It’s not a holiday for everyone. Would bet 70% or more of the workforce is working today. 

Hmm, true. I still think it does close 50m though. Yes, its higher than TFA, but TFA had a much bigger Friday.

52 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

It could potentially play frontloaded and land right in the low 500m range, but I also don’t see under 500m.  WoM is great, it’s just a question of whether the audience interested in it has already rushed out to see it or not.

They haven't. Demand is still high and supply still hasn't caught up. And plus, now with "top 5 all time" headlines, people who hadn't planned on it are gonna go see this for the curiosity factor, and so they're not left out of the conversation. It's full steam now.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

It's actually 700MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

You missed one M mate. I know because I'm a quadro-financial reporter and my grandfather was Pythagoras.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Anyone know the top 3 superhero movies adjusted?

Avengers, Dark Knight, Spider Man. Then Batman, Spider Man 2, TDKR, and Superman. Spider Man and Batman were box office freaks. Welcome to the club BP.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Ohmygod we're talking about post-colonial criticism in English and the prof brought up Black Panther on a tangent.

He then asked me "oh you work at the movie theatre dyl" and just asked sort of for my opinion on how the movie works from a cultural perspective.

And that girl who got mad at me a few weeks back about being a "white male" in class (I'm one of three boys in the class, only one who is Caucasian) and this girl wasn't just sitting in the corner and wasn't like "don't you dare impose your racist or sexist opinions on the rest of us how about that" and the prof just got mad in front of the class "what did I say about making comments like that [girl's name]" 

The fuck is wrong with some people.

• Like 3