That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 minute ago, iHeartJames said:

He has a point cuz Black Panther is attracting people who don’t care for CBM’s 

True but I think that some parts of the MCU fanbase did not watch BP that would normally watch an Avengers movie. 

I am unsure if it would outweigh the difference though. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

True but I think that some parts of the MCU fanbase did not watch BP that would normally watch an Avengers movie. 

I agree with that, but I don't know if this article is trolling or real life.

DWOTh1dVQAE942l.jpg:large

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think he might end up being right though.

ETA: althought a lot of new “Marvel” fans might go see IW just to see BP and company again.

Edited by Alexiswills12
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alexiswills12 said:

For me.. seeing the joy in kids faces, black kids who never had a Marvel superhero, outweighs the uneasiness of Trump’s buddy racist, sexist Ike Perlmutter getting my euros. 

In addition to that, black director, black cast, black production designer, black costume designer, white hipster dude as a composer and a white woman as a cinematographer just fills my liberal heart with joy. 

I don't think Perlmutter sees any of marvel studios money anymore. So...good news?

3 minutes ago, Alexiswills12 said:

I think he might end up being right though.

ETA: althought a lot of new “Marvel” fans might go see IW just to see BP and company again.

I have zero doubt that BP will have a bigger total then IW domestically but the opening is still up in the air.

I still dont understand the idea for Deadpool 2 release date.

Deadpool is very casual audience base and with a lot of casuals watching IW, will they really turn up in two weeks to watch another super hero movie. 

1 hour ago, Steele131 said:

Why is WW2 going to decrease domestically? It should have a bigger opening which should offset its weaker legs. And I doubt Captain Marvel makes 415M Domestic but I guess anything is possible. 

It's not easy to increase from the leggiest superhero movie in history.

Even with a huge OW.

And once you lose the novelty factor it can by incredibly hard to win back all those casuals.

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It's not easy to increase from the leggiest superhero movie in history.

Even with a huge OW.

And once you lose the novelty factor it can by incredibly hard to win back all those casuals.

I can see a Spidey 2 scenario for WW2: Much bigger upfront demand, (probably) very good reception and a domestic total that comes near the first one but barely falls short of it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I have zero doubt that BP will have a bigger total then IW domestically but the opening is still up in the air.

I still dont understand the idea for Deadpool 2 release date.

Deadpool is very casual audience base and with a lot of casuals watching IW, will they really turn up in two weeks to watch another super hero movie. 

That's the thing.

Most people aren't casual about Deadpool. People either love him or hate him.

And two weeks straight of Deadpool marketing is enough cause a frenzy OD.

Deadpool had some of the best marketing of the 21st century.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

That's the thing.

Most people aren't casual about Deadpool. People either love him or hate him.

And two weeks straight of Deadpool marketing is enough cause a frenzy OD.

Deadpool had some of the best marketing of the 21st century.

I am certain DP will be a huge hit but I Feel if it opened in August or something it could have been the event level status film then just another summer blockbuster. 

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

I am certain DP will be a huge hit but I Feel if it opened in August or something it could have been the event level status film then just another summer blockbuster. 

I think new franchises are best for August like GotG and Suicide Squad.

Hollis added that more "Black Panther" ticket buyers were in the 18-24 and 25-39 age brackets than is typical for a Marvel superhero movie.

So black church ladies aren’t the main group? Gasp.

"Results like this go beyond anything anyone ever could have hoped for," said Dave Hollis, president of global distribution at Disney. "The momentum that the film has, has left us unable, even, to keep up with projections. It's unbelievable."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-box-office-black-panther-20180220-story.html

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Black Panther takes the Marvel IMAX record.

Domestically, Black Panther set a new February and Marvel IMAX record, grossing $23.5 million in four days on 404 IMAX domestic screens.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/marvel-studios-black-panther-grosses-35-million-for-record-feburary-global-launch-in-imax-theatres-300600995.html