That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

5 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I mean it got 7 likes, but I consider that a flop considering I have over 1800 friends and they've been sharing Panther stuff all weekend. I guess I got too jargony. Probably should've said "5th best opening ever!!!" and left it at that tbh.

The best part about FakeBook is not caring and posting from the heart.

The people worth a damn will respect that shit. Even if they don't press like.

And even the people who resent me won't unfriend me cause they asses is nosey 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

What did you post? I hope it wasn't like one of those long ass Storm speeches.:hahaha:

Lol who me? I just shared a Forbes article and a listed a few of the records its broken and how it's not a typical CBM. I said if you don't see it, you'll be left out of the loop, and everyone can enjoy it and learn from it. It was maybe 3 paragraphs, but FB auto hid most of it anyway.

I posted a screenshot of the weekend headline on my Instagram story though, that got the job done at least.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

WW2 will probably stay within 30M of the first. OW and legs are a big question after the insanity of the first; will it only open to something like 130-140M or go a bit higher with worse legs?

Possible, Guardian 2 from Guardian 1 type (94m to 146m OW, multi from 3.5 to 2.66)  is probably a best case scenario (56m/16% more, 22m more adjusted), but like you said after the insanity of the first that would be hard to do has big has an increase.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

Lol who me? I just shared a Forbes article and a listed a few of the records its broken and how it's not a typical CBM. I said if you don't see it, you'll be left out of the loop, and everyone can enjoy it and learn from it. It was maybe 3 paragraphs, but FB auto hid most of it anyway.

I posted a screenshot of the weekend headline on my Instagram story though, that got the job done at least.

I was kidding. I know how you like to write.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rth Wakanda said:

Like I was saying earlier Monday rehash of Sunday but looking the margin be lot closer  if  BP tops Monday record or not.

I really don't see it missing $600M at this point, and it's going to be very tough for IW to top this total domestically. It basically needs to break the OW record to have a shot.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

The thing is that you have to sell the good stuff. Simple. Effective. Fresh. 

tumblr_mnivvxuHZD1rnms2fo1_400.gif

What's more, this is my jam:

• Like 1

Theaters already had a ton of space and are going to keep most of it for Black Panther with only 2 lower grossing movies opening and being able to clear out low grossing hold over films.  

Pretty good chance that it could pull a sub 50% drop.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I'm still on board with IW > BP unless BP has crazy legs. Time will tell.

Certainly on board for IW OW > BP OW no matter what.

If I went purely on history, this wouldn't go over 2.7x which is Marvel's average. Phase 3's average is 2.62

Now I understand that this isn't a normal situation we're in here. Until we have more data, I'm sticking with 2.7 and 540M DOM. I'm pessimistic, haha.