That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

To be fair, a Flash movie doesn't need to address black activism. Most people want a cool speedster flick.

I think the point I was getting it was DCEU was preaching “filmmaker driven!” for awhile. We know what a crock that was now, but you know maybe it pays off sometimes to actually let directors direct? Seemed to work out for WW...

43 minutes ago, BK007 said:

So Marvel/Disney have successfully won over African Americans to their paltry set of parlour tricks. Depressing times.

Laughable that people are excited for a lineup that includes Avengers 4, Star Wars 9, Toy Story 4, Aladdin, Lion King and Frozen 2.

Jesus Christ. What a pitiful slate of films and disgusting state of the industry.

This corporate worship is so rooted in American society. Thank fuck that children at Parkland are trying to stand up to the NRA, politicians and American society in general. There is hope yet for the world.

33d.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wait where did the rumour come from that the flash was going to address black activism? Just because the director was black and he cast a biracial actress he had worked with before as iris? Lol I thought that was a stupid rumour started on 4chan. I didn’t know that was be My accepted as truth. 

1 hour ago, StevenG said:

I agree for the most part, but in reality one of those in your list will have to settle for #7. There is no way that Wonder Woman 2 doesn't become one of the top five grossing films of 2019.

Aladdin probably stands next to no chance of beating WW2. Doubt Frozen 2 or TS4 can beat it either. TLK is 50/50. TA4 and SW9 should beat it.

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

Theaters already had a ton of space and are going to keep most of it for Black Panther with only 2 lower grossing movies opening and being able to clear out low grossing hold over films.  

Pretty good chance that it could pull a sub 50% drop.  

Do you think Samson and Early Man will hold 4-5 showings per day next week?  What about Fifty Shades and Peter Rabbit shedding locations.  It seems one of those might shed 500 theater counts by default of 3 incoming product next week....

44 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I THINK I JUST GOT BLACK PANTHER SPOILED BY SEARCHING FOR INFINITY WAR IN GOOGLE :whosad: 

why r u searching Thumbfinity War on Google, tho

• Haha 3