The Panda

BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time: 2018 Edition - DEADLINE IS TODAY! SEND A LIST!

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

I hope titanic could retain its position here....Just too much unnecessary backlash on this all time epic.

I've watched hundred of films based on the recommendation from academy, IMDB, director picks and RT. Titanic is definitely a great film by any standard. 

The only reason I can tell about its hatred is the movie gone too successful especially commercially and way too female-centric. 

I hope BOT could restore what titanic supposedly deserved in the movie's history.

Titanic, for your consideration.    

tumblr_mwd59xHbEB1sxm6jjo1_500.gif

I totally forgot (or am I? I don't remember) to give this - one of my favorite movies of all time. FYC

I can watch this every day, every week, every month, every year. :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

The sad reaction implies none :winomg: You motherfuckers better get it on your lists; it's bad enough Lebowski was 100th last time.

I like Con Air but it isn't top 100, Lebowski is though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I feel like we've been waiting on this for years.  

The time between the thread and the deadline was about the same as the top 25 of 2017!

Anyways, the deadline is this week so not much longer!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It's a very deliberately long timeframe (I assume) It's not like it was meant to be earlier and keeps getting pushed back

Yeah, this was the timeframe I had wanted the deadline to be at, as it worked with my schedule.  I may have put the thread up a bit too early, kind of redundant now though.

Someone should do a 2008 or 1998 revisiting list when this is concluded.  Kind of early to be thinking about this, but I think it'd be fun (plus I want to genuinely participate in it this time instead of not giving a shit and just piling a list together at the last minute)

The only downside is that Nolan released a film in both years.

• Like 2

The time line is fine.  I'm just excited for the reveal.  I love top 100 lists even if most of my films don't really make it...well, some do, but some of my faves don't.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Someone should do a 2008 or 1998 revisiting list when this is concluded.  Kind of early to be thinking about this, but I think it'd be fun (plus I want to genuinely participate in it this time instead of not giving a shit and just piling a list together at the last minute)

The Dark Knight would be number one.

Move along.  :) 

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I say that we as a community band together to dismount The Dark Knight from #1 and get WALL-E up there who's with me

I'm on the TDK band wagon. One of my top 20 films of all time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I'm sure something would be able to beat that one really small debut feature from 1998. Like, maybe Saving Private Ryan or The Truman Show.

1 minute ago, slambros said:

I'm sure something would be able to beat that one really small debut feature from 1998. Like, maybe Saving Private Ryan or The Truman Show.

I... should've  put The Trueman Show on my list for this :mellow:

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I... should've  put The Trueman Show on my list for this :mellow:

Well, I'll have it on my list! It'll probably be pretty high up there, too! And I'm sure it'll be on other lists too! That film is a real classic!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

If we do 2008 then yeah, TDK is winning (deservedly), but I expect that doing 1998 would mean that a Nolan film finally loses.