The Panda

BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time: 2018 Edition - DEADLINE IS TODAY! SEND A LIST!

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

But nothing. It's all about Sunset. Seriously though I have no idea how you could shit on it at the time for not being as romantic and swoony as Sunrise and now you have Midnight in your top 10.

Sunset is a cynical ass film. (At least that was the impression I took on first viewing. I'll give it another go someday. Maybe I'll do a Linklater marathon at some point.) Midnight is hope for love in the face of cynicism.

43 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

But nothing. It's all about Sunset. Seriously though I have no idea how you could shit on it at the time for not being as romantic and swoony as Sunrise and now you have Midnight in your top 10.

The ending of Sunset is definitely romantic and swoony though

18 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Con Air is a good ass movie but it's not even the best Nic Cage action movie of summer 1997, much less one of the top 100 of all time

Face/Off is currently in my Netflix queue so I will debate this after I watch Godfather 2 :ph34r: 

30 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The sad reaction implies none :winomg: You motherfuckers better get it on your lists; it's bad enough Lebowski was 100th last time.

I’ll say that Hunt for the Wilderpeople is on at least 2 more lists than Con Air (from the top of my head)

Edited by Critically Acclaimed Panda
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

I hope titanic could retain its position here....Just too much unnecessary backlash on this all time epic.

I've watched hundred of films based on the recommendation from academy, IMDB, director picks and RT. Titanic is definitely a great film by any standard. 

The only reason I can tell about its hatred is the movie gone too successful especially commercially and way too female-centric. 

I hope BOT could restore what titanic supposedly deserved in the movie's history.

Titanic, for your consideration.    

• Like 1