The Panda

BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time: 2018 Edition - DEADLINE IS TODAY! SEND A LIST!

1 hour ago, The Stingray said:

lol, I'd forgotten what an insane Nolan boner these boards have.

Reddit and imdb included.

Same for tarantino too.

Liked his batmans but the rest are good but not great. He never acheives greatness as they would lead you to believe.

50 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

@Critically Acclaimed Panda

Did we ever get a ruling on what's eligible and not? Does it need to have had a theatrical release, or can it be a TV or VOD film?

I never issued a ruling on theatrical release so that won’t be a rule.  As long as it’s a movie and not a TV Show/Mini-Series/Short Film

So that means Bright is eligible for the list (but Cloverfield Paradox is not because it’s a 2018 movie)

• Thanks 1

Theres on week until the deadline!  I’m going to go ahead and at some people who may be interested in submitting a list (of which I don’t have a list from yet)

If you sent a list but I at’d you I may have actually gotten it but just overlooked that when compiling this list.  So you can go ahead and double check that I got it.

Also remember, you can send me a blurb about a movie at anytime and if it makes the list I’ll include it on the write-up!  And to re-iterate your list and your blurbs must be sent by pm, I’m not going to weed through the thread to find them (you’re free to post them here if you choose to, but pm is how they’re submitted)

@Trolltastic Tele @aabattery @MrPink @grim22 @Ethan Hunt @Porthos @Isle of Pasta @DeeCee @WrathOfHan @commendable @Jandrew @Cmasterclay @Kalo @AndyLL @Jayhawk @franfar @Mattrek @Water Bottle @#ED @Chewy @Fullbuster @4815162342 @CJohn @Daxtreme @EmpireCity @Empire @Fancyarcher @filmlover @TalismanRing @Blankments @Jack Nevada @Proxima Olive @ecstasy @kayumanggi @Sam @The Futurist @Noctis @Dexter of Suburbia @redfirebird2008 @RichWS @ddddeeee @K1stpierre @Ozymandias @a2knet @druv10 @Jay Hollywood @The Stingray @MovieMan89 @Lordmandeep @Claire of Themyscira @tribefan695 @DAJK @Gopher @Spidey Freak @Jake Gittes @A Roc in Time @chasmmi @Vanilla @Impact @Totem @Master Scottb @JJ-8 @SchumacherFTW @Tower @tawasal @captainwondyful @JamesCameronScholar @Premium George @slambros @Tree @75Live @MrGamer @misafeco @Thematrixfilm @UNDERDOG @Goffe @Dexter @Rorschach@EarlyDeadlinePredictions @angeldelmito @MrWhite @xxoo @narniadis @ThiagoMaia 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

I don't remember having posted a list here but I guess today is a good opportunity to give you a top 10:

1. E.T The Extraterrestrial

2. The Lion King

3. The Avengers Infinity War

4. Toy Story

5. Treasure Planet

6. Frozen

7. Moana

9. Big Hero 6

10. Toy Story 3

I'm gonna send it to you @Critically Acclaimed Panda :)

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fullbuster said:

I don't remember having posted a list here but I guess today is a good opportunity to give you a top 10:

1-E.T The Extraterrestrial

2. The Lion King

3. The Avengers Infinity War

4. Toy Story

5. Treasure Planet

6. Frozen

7. Moana

9. Big Hero 6

10. Toy Story 3

I'm gonna send it to you @Critically Acclaimed Panda :)

Regarding IW just a reminder that 2018 movies are ineligible for the list in an effort to avoid recency bias (and from it being a common request)

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Regarding IW just a reminder that 2018 movies are ineligible for the list in an effort to avoid recency bias (and from it being a common request)

Dammit :(

Still... my list isn't exactly full of 2017/2018 movies lol

2. The Lion King

3. Toy Story

4. Treasure Planet

5. Frozen

6. Moana

7. Big Hero 6

8. Toy Story 3

9. Wreck-It Ralph

10. Your Name (Japanese animated movie)

The new one then :P

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Dammit :(

Still... my list isn't exactly full of 2017/2018 movies lol

2. The Lion King

3. Toy Story

4. Treasure Planet

5. Frozen

6. Moana

7. Big Hero 6

8. Toy Story 3

9. Wreck-It Ralph

10. Your Name (Japanese animated movie)

The new one then :P

It’s mostly due to it seeming inaccurate for a movie that’s been out for a week to make it in due to some members hype.

In 2016 Civil War made this list after being released for 2 weeks and then later that year only barely scraped its way into the top 25 of 2016 list.  That garnered quite a few complaints, and when I made a survey asking if 2018 movies should be included or not over 60% of the responders said they should not be included.

• Like 1