Premium George

MONDAY NUMBERS| BLACK PANTHER- $4.7M| RED SPARROW- $1.44M| ANNIHILATION- $551K| GAME NIGHT- $840K

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's a 19% drop for The Shape of Water. Last few winners by comparison:

Moonlight: +17.9% (available on digital with Blu-Ray/rentals the next day)

Spotlight: -2% (available to rent)

Birdman: -37.1% (available to rent)

12 Years a Slave: -34.3% (available on digital with Blu-Ray/rentals the next day)

Argo: -42.1% (available to rent)

SOW is available on digital but still has another week before the Blu-Ray and digital rentals.

It should have a good weekend this upcoming one before the home release causes a quick collapse.

-5.8% Monday to Monday hold for TGS. That's nearly as good as its New Year's Day Monday to Monday hold. The movie just keeps on winning. The This Is Me performance must have helped it, in spite not even winning. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Black Panther:

6.7M (+28%)

4.8M (-28%)

4.6M (-5%)

11.5M (+150%)

20.1M (+75%)
14.1M (-30%)

45.7M Weekend, 31% drop

:jeb!: 

this scenario is actually very likely considering that these drops and increase are almost the exact same as last week

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Black Panther:

6.7M (+28%)

4.8M (-28%)

4.6M (-5%)

11.5M (+150%)

20.1M (+75%)
14.1M (-30%)

45.7M Weekend, 31% drop

:jeb!: 

I can actually see that happening. Think your club is gonna be close (although I know you don't think WiT is doing much more than 30). 

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

I can actually see that happening. Think your club is gonna be close (although I know you don't think WiT is doing much more than 30). 

I'll give you this: A Wrinkle in Time has had a consistent presence on Pulse and MT since yesterday. Under 30M would be surprising to me, but I still don't see it much higher than 35-36M

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

considering that sales are going up and are being compared to 40m+ OW movies, this is going to be an insanely close weekend

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the beast said:

considering that sales are going up and are being compared to 40m+ OW movies, this is going to be an insanely close weekend

Yup, thinking this could very well be a photo finish this weekend with both in the mid 40's. And Disney over on the sidelines not giving 2 fucks which prevails because they're both theirs. 

:hahaha:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

680ish is TDK adjusted, which seems like very good comparison so far.

Both opened to 202 weekend, 10-day grosses are almost identical ($400m), and 17-day grosses are almost identical ($500m). TDK has the summer weekdays but Panther has the huge weekends. TDK's adjusted Monday is $8m and its Monday-Thursday adjusted total is $27.8 million, while Panther will probably be around $20m for Monday-Thursday this week. Panther will make up the $8m difference on the weekend, where TDK's adjusted weekend is $33.4 million.

that's great info. 37-38% drop from 66.3 (41-42 weekend) would keep it in line with TDK adjusted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'll give you this: A Wrinkle in Time has had a consistent presence on Pulse and MT since yesterday. Under 30M would be surprising to me, but I still don't see it much higher than 35-36M

Gonna stick to the 45-55 range I've been thinking for several weeks. Will err on the lower end of that for now though, since I am a bit nervous about the review ever since BoxOfficeZ gave a very rare bad review. 

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

that's great info. 37-38% drop from 66.3 (41-42 weekend) would keep it in line with TDK adjusted.

Pretty crazy TLJ seemed like a lock for 680+ after opening weekend and will finish around 621. Only a couple months later and we end up with a very unexpected run at high 600's. This one is a lot more fun to watch.

• Like 4