Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread: Rampage 34.5M, AQP 32.6M, ToD 19M, RPO 11.2M, Blockers 10.2M

I think Rampage might be too much of the same type of thing too soon and too close to the biggest film event of the year. Especially coming off of two movies that were received really well (RPO and AQP) that many are still catching up on and rewatching.

So far my predictions on what will do well as far as the big blockbusters and what won't have been pretty accurate.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP predictions and TCs: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-oceans-8-avengers-infinity-war/

Ocean's 8: 42/145

They are holding off on Hereditary

Traffik: 3.5/8.5 (-/-3%)

Infinity War: 235/600 (+4/+2%)

Infinity War: 4,200

A $229m OW prediction was given for TFA right before it opened. So that's gotta be the highest OW prediction ever made there. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP predictions and TCs: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-oceans-8-avengers-infinity-war/

Ocean's 8: 42/145

They are holding off on Hereditary

Traffik: 3.5/8.5 (-/-3%)

Infinity War: 235/600 (+4/+2%)

Infinity War: 4,200

Pretty much the same as my current prediction then for OW. I think the legs they're giving it are a bit too long but they're still pretty reasonable.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hollywood Reporter is saying $9.5M is looking like the target for Rampage. Yikes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/weekend-box-office-dwayne-johnsons-rampage-earns-24m-thursday-previews-1102373

Watch it open below Tomb Raider. 

The Rock earlier today reacting to the oh so prestigious 50% RT score on Twitter:

Wow! Very cool RAMPAGE news! Not pointing to the scoreboard yet, but it seems we may have finally broken the dreaded video game curse. And remember, I starred in the stinker “Doom” so I have lived thy curse 🙏🏾

Hope ya like flashbacks, 'cuz you're about to relive it all over again, Dwayne. 

Edited by MovieMan89

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Studios have nobody but themselves to blame for the fucked up market they have until mid-June. There aren't even any indie movies with somewhat wide appeal that could expand ffs

Im dying to see something that isnt a "big budget blockbuster," but thats all there is... besides the movies I already have seen or have no interest in lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Studios have nobody but themselves to blame for the fucked up market they have until mid-June. There aren't even any indie movies with somewhat wide appeal that could expand ffs

To be fair, when Peter Rabbit ends up the big non-Black Panther hit of the season, you can't really blame them for being a bit confused as to what the GA want. 

Just now, YLF said:

Im dying to see something that isnt a "big budget blockbuster," but thats all there is... besides the movies I already have seen or have no interest in lol. 

The only non-tentpoles coming out until June 15 that even look remotely good are Tully, Action Point, and Hereditary. It's going to be a baaaaaaaad stretch.

• Sad 1