Water Bottle

The Walking Dead | AMC

Part of me can't help but feel this was damage control for last season by getting rid of Lori and simultaneously inspiring a character change for Carl, possibly into someone who doesn't completely suck.

They're merely making Carl in to the character he is in the comics, which is vital for the show's prolonged success.

Big jump for TWD last night in Australia. Up to 128,000 viewers.http://www.tvtonight...ember-2012.htmlDown a bit in the US.http://tvbythenumber...er-more/156337/

The US viewership will skyrocket for next week's episode, word will get around to the people who skipped this week how good this week's episode was and that Lori died and the baby is here.

I zombie baby would have web cooler. And Carl needs to die simply for being such a bad actor.On the plus side, this show has balls and seeing Rick's realisation of what his son had just gone through was some emotional stuff.

Edited by Jessie

After watching two seasons of Walking Dead and the five episodes so far, I've come to the conclusion that the show is pretty lame and lacks depth.It's just another "white people save the world" show, doesn't comment on current politics or culture, doesn't really get into the post-apocalypse world very deeply either. Things such as there's not a single highly educated person on the show, except for a couple of techies significantly subordinated to the white rule, all while in the south, which is telling. I guess the zombies managed to kill all the PHD and masters people, plus not a single latino person so far.Also, like it's been ten months but no one in the show has yet realized that simple leather armor, never mind plentiful body armor, there's tons in the prison, could easily save them from zombie bites over most of their body.Only entertaining thing the show has come up with is the zombie killing is really well done and the music is good enough. My only hope is the story gets better, but it doesn't seem to.

• Like 1

Can someone fill me in on the deaths now? I missed most of last nights show. Is T-Dog dead?Is Darryl dead?I have to admit I teared up during Lori's death. That's about as powerful as it gets.

Can someone fill me in on the deaths now? I missed most of last nights show. Is T-Dog dead?Is Darryl dead?I have to admit I teared up during Lori's death. That's about as powerful as it gets.

T-Dog is dead.Lori is dead.Carol is MIA, but the characters believe she is dead.Daryl is alive and showed a softer side with the infant. Edited by 4815162342

Thank you Numbers.I have to admit, I am not liking the invincibility thing they are doing with Rick. Someone needs to kick his ass and put him in his place. He runs the unit like a Nazi and this Walker-hunting thing he is doing is silly.

If they stay faithful to an iconic moment of the comics, Rick will get his ass humbled (in a manner of speaking) by the end of this season.I refer to (comic spoilers):

When Rick is taken prisoner by the Governor and has one of his hands chopped off

If they stay faithful to an iconic moment of the comics, Rick will get his ass humbled (in a manner of speaking) by the end of this season.I refer to (comic spoilers):

When Rick is taken prisoner by the Governor and has one of his hands chopped off

Yes, that makes sense because of the first season.

I love reading EW recaps online for gems like this:

A FISTFUL OF CROSSBOW People, Daryl Motherf---ing Dixon is wearing a motherf---ing serape, a direct reference to the peculiar choice of clothing worn by Clint Eastwood's Man With No Name in A Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More, and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. There is so much badassery on display in this picture that, if you were to collect it all together in one place, it would be enough to drown a pod of blue whales. At moments like this, you can't help but wish that the show would just junk its entire cast and transform into a spaghetti-western adventure about Daryl. Picture him, the last survivor of the Grimes Gang, wandering the ruined landscape of post-zombie America, getting embroiled in local skirmishes, saving little children, romancing sassy frontier dames. Maybe Michonne could join him, and they could fight over who gets to be Xena and who gets to be Gabrielle. Maybe Michonne's last name is actually Mason, so the show could be called Mason/Dixon. Maybe the first season ends with Daryl discovering that his father is still alive, and his father is played by Powers Boothe. Dear Hollywood: Money, please!

• Like 1

After watching two seasons of Walking Dead and the five episodes so far, I've come to the conclusion that the show is pretty lame and lacks depth.

It's just another "white people save the world" show, doesn't comment on current politics or culture, doesn't really get into the post-apocalypse world very deeply either. Things such as there's not a single highly educated person on the show, except for a couple of techies significantly subordinated to the white rule, all while in the south, which is telling. I guess the zombies managed to kill all the PHD and masters people, plus not a single latino person so far.

Proves you just don't pay attention.