Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

If they didn’t want to show Venom because of CGI, they could have shown its shadow or the symbiote outside containment. Maybe as it’s forming the suit, or Venom’s voice. Just anything that can excite fans. They should know by now, after having marketed 6 superhero movies how to market this one. I don’t get what the rush is to get a trailer out for this movie.

It’s very likely it’s a good movie. They just missed an opportunity to reassure fans and promote the movie to general audiences. Hopefully the next trailer is better.

Edited by Deja23
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

considering they just teased the first letter of the movie's name, all in all a pretty consistent trailer

Uxuv4yi.png

Yes and we're going to have 4 more trailers teasing each of the remaining 4 letters "ENOM" in the name and a final 5th trailer with the entire word revealed. B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There's a lot projection going on in this thread. Nobody cares about venom, nobody cares about his costume. The title character doesn't have a substantial fanbase to pander to! 

A costume reveal would definitely not change anyone's opinion on the teaser except for a few dozen in geek circles.

It does look a bit generic and making it look like yet another superhero movie wouldn't change that, come on guys.

• Like 2

Just now, Goffe said:

There's a lot projection going on in this thread. Nobody cares about venom, nobody cares about his costume. The title character doesn't have a substantial fanbase to pander to! 

A costume reveal would definitely not change anyone's opinion on the teaser except for a few dozen in geek circles.

It does look a bit generic and making it look like yet another superhero movie wouldn't change that, come on guys.

Speak for yourself buddy! This looks like an absolutely amazing comic book movie. In fact I'm going to make a very plausible prediction and say 90%+ on RT and 1B WW

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Why do you think that?

Hardy hasn’t taken many roles in crappy films. Same for Williams. Director has Zombieland to his credit and the writer has Saving Mr. Banks to hers, which are both good. Although she also has 50 Shades of Grey, but no one was going to be able to adapt that into anything worthwhile so I’ll give her a pass there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This looks generic and terrible.  And it's going to look even worse if they attach it to Black Panther.  I have more confidence in A Star Is Born, which is opening the same weekend, than this.  

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Also a bit curious why one think a Ruben Fleisher movie is very likely good... is last 2 feature were not.

Gangster Squad wasn’t bad, just mediocre. Never saw 30 Minutes or Less. I don’t see this movie turning out bad, at worst I think it will be like this teaser and fail to leave an impression either way. 

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Also a bit curious why one think a Ruben Fleisher movie is very likely good... is last 2 feature were not.

30 minutes or less is actually a fun movie. Maybe not a good sophomore effort, but it wasn't the disaster it is made out to be. Gangster Squad is garbage because of thousand reasons. 

I think guy deserves a shot.