Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

A little OT but what other trailers are going to be attached to Black Panther? Seems like a lot of trailers have come out recently.

I believe we'll find out next week. @WrathOfHan follows that more than I do. Solo and Venom are probably near for sure bets

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I believe we'll find out next week. @WrathOfHan follows that more than I do. Solo and Venom are probably near for sure bets

They stopped releasing the trailer drives a while ago, but if I had to guess...

Disney - Ant-Man/Solo/Infinity War (pick two of three)

Fox - Deadpool/Red Sparrow

Paramount - Mission Impossible

Sony - Venom

Universal - Skyscraper

Warner - Rampage

14 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Lol @ both Fox and Sony not quite knowing how to market these horror tinged superhero movies with The New Mutants and this respectively.

The teaser didn't even make it look horror tinged tbh. Made it look like a generic conspiracy thriller. Maybe they would have been better off waiting until there was more actual footage they could have shown instead of rushing this out. Release it with Infinity War instead or something.

• Like 3

Not a very effective teaser for something that needed to wow a bit more. I’m still down for this as I love the character and the cast is great but I hope for the actual trailer we get to see some actual venom etc. This teaser is going to be a hard sell without actually showing Venom. 

• Like 3

Maybe as a tease for fans that's alright. But they are going to turn up to the movie anyway. If you want to put the movie in the heads of the general audience... what on earth is there in that trailer to associate it with a superhero? Doesn't even have the name of the movie/character. SMH. Just looks like an action film.

Sony's marketing arm strikes again.

Edited by Tree Billboards
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The problem with the teaser isnt just that its generic. The issue is that most people have been asking why this movie is being made in the first place and the teaser did nothing to answer that question. In fact it probably just reaffirmed people's opinions about not needing this movie. 

Very ineffective trailer. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Furthermore, the character is pretty unknown to the casual audience.

We are so deep into the CBM phenom now that sentences like this shouldn't even roll off one's keyboard.

Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange and Black Panther all say hi and Captain Marvel is coming.

11 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Carnage is confirmed for this movie?

All but official. Marvel's Collected Editions Department is also doing an oversized hardcover Omnibus release collecting nearly all Carnage mini-series, crossovers and his first official ongoing into a book this summer. Past history with the Dept makes us inclined to say Carnage is in the movie. Plus, the are doing a Venom Omni collecting his 90s stories. So these two together is also a leading indicator that Carnage is indeed in the film coupled with Hardy's hastily deleted tweet. 

All that said, the trailer looks very generic, teaser that it is. I'm mostly concerned how they explain the symbiotic. Why the symbiote would adopt a Spider-man esque look when it's never been bonded to Peter is a big one that I expect to not be answered. I'll see it and am still cautiously optimistic about the film. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tree Billboards said:

Maybe as a tease for fans that's alright. But they are going to turn up to the movie anyway. If you want to put the movie in the heads of the general audience... what on earth is there in that trailer to associate it with a superhero? Doesn't even have the name of the movie/character. SMH. Just looks like an action film.

Glad I'm not the only one baffled by that last bit. I mean it's fine for people seeing the trailer at an AMC, since they always do their own title card after the trailer, but otherwise there are plenty of casuals that are going to have zero clue as to what this even is.

• Like 2