baumer

Cobra Kai (Karate Kid 34 years later) | Netflix Original

15 hours ago, baumer said:

Martin Kove to be a regular in season 2.  He'll reprise his role as John Kreese.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/cobra-kai-martin-kove-series-regular-season-2-youtube-red-show-1202397797/

I would hope so given how the first season ends (that ending fucking rocked).

As someone who's not a huge Karate Kid fan (tho I knew enough about it to understand the show), this show was awesome. I loved that it wasn't just from Johnny's POV the entire time and I loved that Johnny took the "nerd" character under his wing and Daniel took the "bully-like" character under his wing. It was also a great shake-up to the usual "underdog" story. But yeah count me in for season two. 

• Like 1

This is next up for me. I think I’ll cancel YouTube after this as there doesn’t seem to be anything else on it of interest. 

If you’ve signed up for the free trial I also highly recommended Impulse. 

Just finished it. That was great. I liked how they flipped the relationships around. I loved how Johnny has virtually been in stasis for 30 years. 

He’s only ever watching Iron Eagle. 😂

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 10:54 PM, Lordmandeep said:

I convinced like a dozen people to check out this show and they all loved it.

Show had a lot going against it as it sort of seen like a gimmick. 

I think that being an underdog in that regard made them work harder and create a great show which is how nostalgia is done right. Unlike, well, you know. That thought it was God's gift that could get away with laziness on every level, even lazy subversion of expectations.

I signed up for YT just for this show and loved it as well. It was nostalgic and funny. I liked the role reversal of the bully from the movie becoming somewhat of a role model in this show. Been waiting for season 2 to start for some time now. 

On 6/15/2019 at 9:10 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I want to watch this show but don’t want to purchase YouTube Red but is the show worth it for those who’ve seen it?

I never watch on YTRed. :ph34r:

Heard somewhere that all S1 and S2 episodes will be free on Aug 29. 

On 6/15/2019 at 9:10 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I want to watch this show but don’t want to purchase YouTube Red but is the show worth it for those who’ve seen it?

one month of red was much cheaper than buying the first season back then I think.

Season 1 is just great, season 2 is really far, even kind of bad.

17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

one month of red was much cheaper than buying the first season back then I think.

Season 1 is just great, season 2 is really far, even kind of bad.

they should remove the old sensei who's hogging the screen time for no reason, and bring the focus of the show back to Johnny and Miguel instead of dumb love triangle surrounding Daniel's daughter. 

Edited by Valonqar

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

they should remove the old sensei who's hogging the screen time for no reason, and bring the focus of the show back to Johnny and Miguel instead of dumb love triangle surrounding Daniel's daughter. 

Probably should have been a movie or just a short season, the high concept is interesting and fun to explore but empty quite fast.