sfran43

Monday's Numbers

As for McCarthy if you should go back to vegan films where she can share the spotlight. The biggest grossing films are ones where she has well-known co-stars. The Heat, Spy and Identity Thief all gave her costars to help carry the load. Her Falcone movies are basically her and no one else ( Except Tammy....it had some good names like Sarandon and Aykroyd).

8 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Slightly off topic,

Can I just say that as a real estate agent this insult drives me insane?

First off,  due to the double whammy of a. Student Debt making people’s debt to income ratio too high to get home loans; and b. An aging population who can’t stay by themselves and/or can’t afford a nursey home/retirement condo we have a huge trend of multigenerational families living together as the new norm.

Second off (and more importantly), unless there is a second egress and up-to-state-code size windows, no one is living in a basement.

So “you live with your parents” — is that suppose to be insulting? To quote The Princess Bride: You keep using [that insult].  I do not think it means what you think it means. 

I agree with everything you've said. 

My father passed away 4 years ago when I was in undergrad. After graduating, I took a few gap years before attending medical school and I lived with my mom during that time. I'm an only child and it made zero sense for me to leave my mom alone especially with everything that had happened. 

Growing up my parents were my best friends and that hasn't really changed. I moved out when I got engaged because my fiancé and I could afford to get a place together but I'm always checking in with my mom and everything. When she gets older and needs assistance, she'll be living with me because I refuse to have her in a nursing home. My fiancé always calls me a momma's boy and I couldn't be anymore happier with that label :P

• Like 20

13 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Slightly off topic,

First off,  due to the double whammy of a. Student Debt making people’s debt to income ratio too high to get home loans; and b. An aging population who can’t stay by themselves and/or can’t afford a nursey home/retirement condo we have a huge trend of multigenerational families living together as the new norm.

Second off (and more importantly), unless there is a second egress and up-to-state-code size windows, no one is living in a basement.

So “you live with your parents” — is that suppose to be insulting? To quote The Princess Bride: You keep using [that insult].  I do not think it means what you think it means. 

I don’t live with my parents but I wouldn’t be ashamed if I did. This “you live with your parents” type of insult seems to be a U.S one and I only see Americans using it for some reason. Esp. during a time of economical crisis lots of people live with their parents, even couples with kids live with their own parents. Anyway that empire guy has serious personal issues ,judging from the way he posts, and I won’t elaborate any further. I told him my opinion of his posting habits before he was banned loud and clear.

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Slightly off topic,

100% right, I would say you can't judge people for such things as everyone has reasons and the world has changed from before.

I am in my late 20s and live with my parents but I have a great job at a bank and own a successful business.

I can easily afford to move out and it would likely allow me to do a lot more on my own, but my parents are not of the greatest health especially my father and we own a rather large size house that is already rather empty for the 3 of us so I can't imagine the two of them by themselves.  

So frankly I decided to stay with them, pay for running the house so they can be at ease and enjoy the Golden Years of their lives. 

Therefore, people can put me down for living with my parents, but I dont care as the three of us are happy. 

Now of course when I marry, there will be a problem but I will cross that bridge when I cross it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, A2k Rex said:

What has living arrangement got to do with movie opinions. Surely some folks with their own homes helped Emoji get to a 3.51x multiplier.

The person who lives in a basement or is living on his own still pay the same ticket price for a film :lol:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, A2k Rex said:

What has living arrangement got to do with movie opinions. Surely some folks with their own homes helped Emoji get to a 3.51x multiplier.

Okay, I'm laughing so hard right now...

But, can I admit...my 2 youngest boys actually liked this movie when they watched it on Netflix (now, this is one I did NOT join them for, which is rare, but I couldn't bring myself to suffer even for this art:)...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

I'm dead at this comment 💀

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

Didn't help Emoji movie, but the family did help stuff like Black Panther and Ready Player One when we dragged our 89-year-old Grandma, who lives with us, to them.  "No more Gibbs or Olivia today!  We can't take it.  Off to the movies!"

ETA to not double post:

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Michael B Jordan lives with his parents. What a loser that guy is :ph34r:

Um, Actually...

:hahaha:

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think the attitude arises especially in the US that if one does not go out and struggle in life, they are not as worthy as those who took 'the easy way".

That is my thinking... 

I think the reality is the world is not so black and white. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

12 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Didn't help Emoji movie, but the family did help stuff like Black Panther and Ready Player One when we dragged our 89-year-old Grandma, who lives with us, to them.  "No more Gibbs or Olivia today!  We can't take it.  Off to the movies!"

ETA to not double post:

Um, Actually...

:hahaha:

Wow. Thank god. I was gonna begin asking folks "IS THIS YOUR KING!" 

• Haha 3