Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Should be interesting to see if Incredibles 2 plays out differently on Saturday and Sunday than Toy Story 3 and Dory from its true Friday.

Primary difference is Incredibles is older skewing, and has A+ as opposed to TS3's and FD's A cinemascore

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Primary difference is Incredibles is older skewing, and has A+ as opposed to TS3's and FD's A cinemascore

I don't think the CS will come into play much due it being OW. I do think that its skewing older and opened similar to an MCU flick with previews will come into play and result a healthy bump today from its true Friday number.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/incredibles-2-tag-superfly-weekend-box-office-1202411262/

Deadline now predicting 180M + :ohmygod:

71.6M Friday, true Friday - 53.1M

4th Update, Saturday AM after midnight post:  Incredibles 2 isn’t just a sequel to an animated film, it’s a sequel to an A+ four-quad movie and it’s acting like the latter pulling in everyone, largely adults with general audiences accounting for 57% of the audience. Note that parents are only repping 12% of the crowd per PostTrak with 31% kids. In the middle of the night we were spotting that Incredibles 2 was clicking to $175.3M and there’s a very good shot this all-audience pic is flying to $180M+. That figure alone is close to 70% of Incredibles’ $261.4M lifetime domestic gross. With Incredibles 2, Pixar earns its 7th A+ CinemaScore out of 20 full-length theatrical releases. Yesterday alone, including $18.5M Wed/Thurs. previews, Incredibles 2 made a stunning $71.6M.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 12

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I don't think the CS will come into play much due it being OW. I do think that its skewing older and opened similar to an MCU flick with previews will come into play and result a healthy bump today from its true Friday number.

That's what I'm hoping for.

It's running close to JW and Avengers 1 at the moment (although Friday a bit lower than anticipated). But I think a JW or A1 increase on Saturday would be suitable (removing previews) and then a very small drop on Sunday, since MCU always increases on Father's Day (although they've never opened there

2 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

71.6M Friday

so 53.1M True Friday

That makes 

18.5M

53.1M

53M

40M (-24.5%)

OW: 164.6M (pessimistic)

18.5M

53.1M

58M (+9.3%)

52M (-10.3%)

OW: 181.6M (optimistic)

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 2

Just now, The Incredible Panda said:

IT SAYS IT MADE 71.6m ON FRIDAY

1 minute ago, a2k said:

edit: three-much

Make that four now :P

EDIT: Now a 5th

Edited by feasby007
  • Like 1

I LOVED THIS MOVIE. I had high expectations going in and it exceeded them. I think I even like it more than the first film which I thought would have been impossible because that’s my second favorite Pixar Movie. I loved every second of it and I’m glad it’s doing this well at the box office!!!

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

As expected, this is heavily skewing teens and adults lol.  I doubt Shrek 2’s audience was only 31% kids

It would nowadays due to what it's spawned 😏

$71.6M opening day is incredible - more than the original film made in its entire first weekend. This also represents an exceptional $53.1M True Friday, a top 10 opening day.

Best Opening True Fridays (i.e. Opening Friday sans Thursday Previews)

1. Avengers: Infinity War — 67.3 million
  2. Jurassic World — 63.5 million
  3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens — 62.1 million
  4. Marvel's The Avengers — 62.1 million
  5. Star Wars: The Last Jedi — 59.7 million
  6. Avengers: Age of Ultron — 56.8 million
  7. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice — 53.9 million
  8. Iron Man 3 — 53.3 million
  9. Incredibles 2 — 53.1 million
  10. Furious 7 — 51.6 million
  11. Black Panther — 50.7 million
  12. Captain America: Civil War — 50.5 million
  13. Spider-Man 3 — 49.8 million
  14. The Dark Knight — 48.7 million
  15. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 — 47.6 million

Peace,

Mike

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

As expected, this is heavily skewing teens and adults lol.  I doubt Shrek 2’s audience was only 31% kids

That also doesn’t mean that’ll be the demo for its entire run.  It’ll likely become more family-centric the longer it stays in theaters.

• Like 3

The rest of the summer is looking really promising. Jurassic World is likely gonna make $150M next weekend, and then July has Ant-Man, Hotel Transylvania, Mamma Mia, and Mission: Impossible all looking at openings ranging from $40M to $80M. And then August has a number of movies to watch out for (Christopher Robin, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Crazy Rich Asians, and The Happytime Murders all have potential).

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, MikeQ said:

$71.6M opening day is incredible - more than the original film made in its entire first weekend. This also represents an exceptional $53.1M True Friday, a top 10 opening day.

Best Opening True Fridays (i.e. Opening Friday sans Thursday Previews)

1. Avengers: Infinity War — 67.3 million
  2. Jurassic World — 63.5 million
  3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens — 62.1 million
  4. Marvel's The Avengers — 62.1 million
  5. Star Wars: The Last Jedi — 59.7 million
  6. Avengers: Age of Ultron — 56.8 million
  7. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice — 53.9 million
  8. Iron Man 3 — 53.3 million
  9. Incredibles 2 — 53.1 million
  10. Furious 7 — 51.6 million
  11. Black Panther — 50.7 million
  12. Captain America: Civil War — 50.5 million
  13. Spider-Man 3 — 49.8 million
  14. The Dark Knight — 48.7 million
  15. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 — 47.6 million

Peace,

Mike

Thanks for these lists! 

Since Disney usually lowballs a little, it's possible True Friday could come in higher to reach #7. 

I think we can say for certain it'll end up 7th to 9th, as going above 56.8m (75.3m total) and going below 51.6 (70.1) is probably very unlikely at this point.