Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Iirc, you quite like Brave, not as big on the Toy Story's as me. I also seem to recall we agreed about IO and TGD being very similar in quality no? Or am I thinking of someone else here? 

Brave's decent, I love the first two TSs but not so high on the third, and I think TGD is miles better than IO.

FD is still the best Pixar film this decade, and Ratatouille's 2nd half is awful 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

I can’t believe it’s Pixar (B- or lower)

19.) Cars 2 D

18.) The Good Dinosaur C-

17.) Monsters University C+

16.) Brave B-

B level Pixar

15.) A Bug’s Life B

14.) Finding Dory B

13.) Cars B

Das is Good

12.) Wall-E B+

11.) Toy Story B+

10.) Cars 3 A-

Cream of The Crop

9.) Toy Story 2 A

8.) Monsters Inc. A

7.) Toy Story 3 A+

6.) Up A+

5.) Finding Nemo A+

4.) Inside Out A+

3.) The Incredibles A+

2.) Ratatouille A+

1.) Coco A+

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

BUG'S LIFE UNDERRATED

Also anyone trying to extrapolate anything from this # is wasting their time. There are no comparable data points. Uncharted water, etc. STRAP IN

• Like 3

1. TS3

2. Coco

3. Inside Out

4. Ratatouille

5. Toy Story 2

6. The Incredibles

7. Finding Nemo

8. Toy Story

9. Incredibles 2

10. Up

11. Monsters, Inc.

12. Finding Dory

13. Monsters U

14. WALL-E (don't @ me)

15. Cars

16. Brave

17. Cars 3

18. A Bug's Life

19. The Good Dinosaur

19. Cars 2

What separates the top 3 for me is that they get better as they go along, and do not reach their emotional and thematic peak until the last act of the film and even after the last action set piece (compared to, say, Up).

Edited by Biggestgeekever

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

BUG'S LIFE UNDERRATED

Also anyone trying to extrapolate anything from this # is wasting their time. There are no comparable data points. Uncharted water, etc. STRAP IN

I'm just gonna toy around comparing this other films even though it's all completely uncomparable.

Just for fun, if this goes the way of Zootopia, we get an opening weekend of $816,866,423, with a $185,230 per theater average. 

Edit: I thought the previews were $1.9M but they were actually $1.7M

Edited by PNF2187
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My personal rankings:

1.) The Incredibles

2.) Toy Story 3

3.) Inside Out

4.) Coco

5.) Finding Dory

6.) Up

7.) Ratatouille

8.) Toy Story 2

9.) WALL-E

10.) Cars

11.) Finding Nemo

12.) Cars 2

13.) Cars 3

14.) Toy Story

15.) Brave

Haven’t seen A Bug’s Life, Monsters Inc., Monsters University and The Good Dinosaur yet. Seeing Incredibles 2 tomorrow.

For me is Coco all the way but to being honest is more for cultural affinity. It's something else seeing in the big screen a extended family dinner, overprotective grandmother that feeds you to much... Im not even Mexican, but that abuelita could be the abuelita of every Latin American. 

And that world, the only thing I wanted to do after watching coco was getting back into the land of the dead. And IMO the emotional moments are really well done, I spent the last thirty minutes crying. 

For me it was just something else 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, salvador-232 said:

For me is Coco all the way but to being honest is more for cultural affinity. It's something else seeing in the big screen a extended family dinner, overprotective grandmother that feeds you to much... Im not even Mexican, but that abuelita could be the abuelita of every Latin American. 

And that world, the only thing I wanted to do after watching coco was getting back into the land of the dead. And IMO the emotional moments are really well done, I spent the last thirty minutes crying. 

For me it was just something else 

Coco is a masterpiece for me even not being of that culture. I can't imagine how amazing it must be if that is your culture. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

It's the middle of the pack. Looking at the full list would probably just infuriate you.

Interesting though that you're as much a Pixar fan as any others and yet for almost seemingly opposite reasons? 

• Like 1