sfran43

Monday's Numbers:

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Deadpool 2 less than $9M away from $320M. 

Let’s form one last prayer circle @a2k and @MrGlass2 to get it there. 

PS @a2k your DP2 looks good to go. Great call

on that especially with the second weekend drop being how it was. 

DP2 has had some impressive late legs. Sub-40 drops four weeks in a row.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

It won't drop two thirds of its theaters with how strong the PTA holds have been. 

Hereditary had the lowest PTA of any film in the Top 12 this past weekend. It is definitely going to shed a fair sized number of theaters, probably around 600 which would leave it in 800+ theaters. I don’t think it will drop 900+ theaters as theorized in a previous post.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nova said:

Deadpool 2 less than $9M away from $320M. 

Let’s form one last prayer circle @a2k and @MrGlass2 to get it there. 

PS @a2k your DP2 looks good to go. Great call

on that especially with the second weekend drop being how it was. 

thanks. this weekend is crucial for 320 chances. ant-man is direct comp on one hand but on the other hand dp2 is deep into it's run to make huge shake ups less likely.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, a2k said:

thanks. this weekend is crucial for 320 chances. ant-man is direct comp on one hand but on the other hand dp2 is deep into it's run to make huge shake ups less likely.

I think it’ll depend on it’s theater drop to be honest. I imagine it’ll have a big drop simply because it held onto a good amount last weekend when Sicario and UD came out but if it can somehow, someway stay in like 1,500 theaters, I think it can get a really good hold this weekend. It’s theater average has been some solid despite the higher theater count so maybe that will work to its advantage this weekend but we shall see. 

Edited by Nova

6 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

was sicario's sunday inflated or something?

It had the lowest Sunday drop in the top 10. It’ll be interesting to see where Incredibles 2 lands because it also had a strong Sunday. FWIW JW2 also had a great Sunday hold and dropped higher than the other movies too but I imagine it’s easier to drop more when you’re playing with a higher number. Just pointing out that the two films with strong Sunday holds saw higher drops on Monday. 

26 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

-56% drop from Sunday and -42% from last Monday for JW2

$400M back on the table? :ph34r:

Every other film did amazingly compared to last Monday , this drop seems surprisingly high , all things considered.

26 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

was sicario's sunday inflated or something?

As a Latino pulling film, it's Mondays will be off higher in relation to other films - its a pattern that is pretty well defined, most just don't notice it since they tend to open during the school year or early May when larger Monday drops aren't as big a deal. Latinos go to the movies at a higher % on Sundays than other demographics.

• Like 2

All other films weren’t coming off of their OW....an opening weekend which was $148M and a $15M first Monday but who cares about proper box office analysis. Just look at percentage drops without providing any context. That’s the best way to show you have a great grasp (no you don’t lol) of the box office. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

Tuesday drops should be somewhat muted for some of the films that will be loosing screens.

example        M             T

Tag - 1.0 +20% 1.2

but Sicario going -60%, expect up to +50% tonight.

I highly doubt any films will be increasing 40% let alone 50% tonight. The Tuesday before the 4th with previews for a new film and the Canadians coming off a holiday will skew everything compared to normal.

This week's pattern is very different.

Softer drops on Monday

Smaller rises on Tuesday

Small Rises (versus drops) on Wednesday

Crater on Thursday

Semi-normal Friday Increases

7 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Every other film did amazingly compared to last Monday , this drop seems surprisingly high , all things considered.

:hahaha:dude, just stop - you are embarrassing yourself at this point. For a film that just dropped nearly 60% weekend to weekend and it's off -40% Monday to Monday.... yeah it held better than it should have. I mean its off approximately -56% from Sunday what were you hoping for -40%?

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 2