sfran43

Tuesday's Numbers (JW 11.9, I2....10.2....Purge 2.5 previews)

25 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

Won't You Be My Neighbor? keeps impressing me. I hope Focus gets it into 900-1,200 theaters for this weekend. I'd like to see it do $20 million+ DOM. 

That seems to be the case. Around Orlando, it’s gaining a couple of theaters but not many, so it seems like they’re getting it into 1k

14 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

2.2 Sicario 

2.1 UD 

9.2 I2 

1.2 O8? 

11.4 The Purge 

800 Tag? 

9.4 JW2 

2.6 No clue what this movie is lol 

My guesses lol 

*I switched JW2 and The Purge because that made more sense in terms of a Wednesday drop. 

I dont know what the 2.6 number is though 

Edited by Nova

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5922214

i am clueless then. Unless some movies saw increases and some didn’t drop at all, I have no idea what’s going on

:sparta:

My final guesses 

2.2 UD 

2.1 Ocean’s 8  

9.2 The Purge 

1.2 Tag

11.4 JW2  

800 No clue 

9.4 I2  

2.6 Sicario 

But thats with almost flat numbers or increases from Tuesday so this is prob wrong too lol

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hoping one of those is the Purge lol, preferably the $11m

EC liked my previous post (he didn’t like my first one) so I’m thinking The Purge is $9.2M.

If he liked it because I guessed correctly that means drops were very very very minimal on Wednesday with some movies like Ocean’s 8 actually increasing. :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

The Purge has to be 11.4, unless JW basically stayed flat from Tuesday.  

EC said I was wrong when I guessed that. He liked my post though with the following movies/numbers 

My final guesses 

2.2 UD 

2.1 Ocean’s 8  

9.2 The Purge 

1.2 Tag

11.4 JW2  

800 No clue 

9.4 I2  

2.6 Sicario 

*I don’t know if it means they’re right though :ph34r: He could have liked it cause he felt bad that I was wrong again....

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

EC said I was wrong when I guessed that. He liked my post though with the following movies/numbers 

My final guesses 

2.2 UD 

2.1 Ocean’s 8  

9.2 The Purge 

1.2 Tag

11.4 JW2  

800 No clue 

9.4 I2  

2.6 Sicario 

*I don’t know if it means they’re right though :ph34r:

$9m for the Purge would be a similar preview to OD multi as the last film so it makes sense. 

• Like 1

If England vs Columbia was adjusted for ticket price, it would have made £240m OD in the UK alone. These BO numbers are puny. You're welcome guys

Edited by Jessie

3 hours ago, Nova said:

My final guesses 

2.2 UD 

2.1 Ocean’s 8  

9.2 The Purge 

1.2 Tag

11.4 JW2  

800 No clue 

9.4 I2  

2.6 Sicario 

*I don’t know if it means they’re right though :ph34r: He could have liked it cause he felt bad that I was wrong again....

That's crazy.  So JW actually sold more tickets on Wednesday than it did Tuesday?  I thought the 4th wasn't a big movie going day.  

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hoping one of those is the Purge lol, preferably the $11m

Lol I just realised how stupid this comment was considering Purge already did more in previews than the other films did today 😂

Obviously it was one of the 9’s. 

• Like 1

$9m would be a lot for Purge 4 vs I2 and JW2 w/ $9m too.  Purge is in 1/3 the locations of both of those. If 11m Purge # is true, matinees might have been busy for the new Purge film  possibly foreshadowing the weekend won't have as strong of attendance as yesterday. 

Edited by dVmatrixmathi5xdU
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

That's crazy.  So JW actually sold more tickets on Wednesday than it did Tuesday?  I thought the 4th wasn't a big movie going day.  

Apparently it was yesterday as all movies either stayed flat or increased. I made a Wednesday thread based on the numbers but if you want to close it please do. Just figured I’d let the forum know how huge the July 4th movie going day was after all lol 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nova said:

i am clueless then. Unless some movies saw increases and some didn’t drop at all, I have no idea what’s going on

:sparta:

My final guesses 

2.2 UD 

2.1 Ocean’s 8  

9.2 The Purge 

1.2 Tag

11.4 JW2  

800 No clue 

9.4 I2  

2.6 Sicario 

But thats with almost flat numbers or increases from Tuesday so this is prob wrong too lol

EmpireCity liked this post, so looks like:

1. Jurassic World 2 — 11.4M (-4%)

2. Incredibles 2 — 9.4M (-8%)

3. The First Purge — 9.2M

4. Sicario — 2.6M (+0%)

5. Uncle Drew — 2.2M (-11%)

6. Ocean’s 8 — 2.1M (+14.5%)

7. Tag — 1.2M (-2%)

8. Deadpool 2 (?) — 800K (+14%)

These numbers make sense to me based on the 2012 weekday pattern. Most films increased on the July 4th Wednesday in 2012, but with much more muted Tuesday increases (or even drops) likely due to 1) discount Tuesday being somewhat less of a thing and 2) The Amazing Spider-Man opening with $35M on the Tuesday.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2