SteveJaros

Anyone else just get AMC Stubs A-List?

I have. It's a lot smoother than MP for getting Tickets, which is a plus, and the App functions better as well. being able to reserve online is pretty great too.

I haven't tested it yet, but given how the system works, it does seem possible to get more than one free ticket per showing. Just not on the same purchase.

1 hour ago, junkshop36 said:

I’m riding MP until it completely dies haha

When the time comes I’ll upgrade to A-list as I’m already an AMC Stubs premiere member. It probably means we’ll see less movies in a month though as I’ll still have to be paying for two tickets. We generally use the points we accumulate towards the concessions anyway. 

You've got that nice AMC 10 out there in Hammond, so A-List will be worth it once Moviepass officially dies. 

That was a sweet deal for you though. I tried to get MP last Christmas after the price drop but they couldn't process my card. Wish I had been able to ride that horse like you did, and still are. 

• Like 1

FWIW the only times I’ve been ID’ed with A List have been for R rated movies. When I saw Skyscraper, they didn’t bother checking my ID even though A List members are supposed to be carded every time no matter the rating.

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

FWIW the only times I’ve been ID’ed with A List have been for R rated movies. When I saw Skyscraper, they didn’t bother checking my ID even though A List members are supposed to be carded every time no matter the rating.

Both times I've used it, no one even checked my ticket.

• Haha 1

I got that obnoxious 20 minute intro for it when I went to watch Sorry to Bother You yesterday. I appreciate the comfy reclining seats but those endless "WHOOSH! VROOM! POPCORN! BATHROOMS! AMC AMAZING PEW PEW PEW" intros are a fucking drag and make me not want to watch movies there. 

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I got that obnoxious 20 minute intro for it when I went to watch Sorry to Bother You yesterday. I appreciate the comfy reclining seats but those endless "WHOOSH! VROOM! POPCORN! BATHROOMS! AMC AMAZING PEW PEW PEW" intros are a fucking drag and make me not want to watch movies there. 

It's always sucked ever since they introduced it at the end of October, but now with the A List promotions added in, the thing is fucking torture to get through. The pre-trailer intro lasts for two minutes, and adding A List into the final messages has added like 30 seconds. They also switched the order of what they have in the final messages ever since A List got introduced, which has fucked with me a bit :lol: 

1 hour ago, MOVIEGUY said:

Every time I get those I'm acutely aware that I"m sitting in a 20-year old theater with folding chairs.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

RIP

Your location is an AMC Classic, right?

Yeah....I even asked our city subreddit, word is they're going to remodel the theater at some point...probably after the one in the mall reopens up. Otherwise, we'd just be left with the lone Regal (& the Grand thirty miles away)

Hopefully I'm not around for that and have moved somewhere with decent theaters.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

Yeah....I even asked our city subreddit, word is they're going to remodel the theater at some point...probably after the one in the mall reopens up. Otherwise, we'd just be left with the lone Regal (& the Grand thirty miles away)

Hopefully I'm not around for that and have moved somewhere with decent theaters.

Best of luck. I’m eagerly trying to get out of my current area. I intend on transferring to FSU in January, and Tally has quite a few theaters to choose from.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DeWeese said:

Cinemark has that 8.99 movie club but it’s  one ticket and 20% off concessions so it’s pretty much worthless. Regal is the intriguing one since the company that bought them has a subscription service overseas 

I wouldn't be shocked if Regal introduces the Unlimited Card in the US but I think they'll trial in major markets first. 

I think 3 times a week for A List is a bit stingy, I think people would pay more if there was no cap say $30-35 a month or perhaps keep the pricing the same, introduce no cap but have charges for IMAX etc 

3 hours ago, MOVIEGUY said:

With AMC, you have to figure the movie is going to start 20 to 25 minutes after the ticket time, so I just arrive accordingly. 

22 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Regal introduces the Unlimited Card in the US but I think they'll trial in major markets first. 

I think 3 times a week for A List is a bit stingy, I think people would pay more if there was no cap say $30-35 a month or perhaps keep the pricing the same, introduce no cap but have charges for IMAX etc 

How many movies a week do you see in theaters? I see about 140 per year, and on one of these forums every year around January 1st there's one guy who asks people to post all the movies they saw and how many. Every time so far, I've been #1 on there or close to it. 

Doing the math, 3 per week comes out to 156 movies a year for $240. That's a LOT of movies, I've only seen that many once in the past 13 years.  If you see all 156, that comes out to about $1.54 a movie. That's a good deal. But if you see 50 movies instead, then it's close to $5 a movie. 

E.g., we have cheap movies down here. Before noon, you can get in for a standard showing for $5. So to break-even on A-List, I have to see 4 movies in a month. I'll see at least 8 per month on it so it's a GREAT deal for me, and that's before the points accumulate and the waived online ticketing fees and all that.

Really, IMO, the problem most people have when considering A-List is whether the see enough movies for it to be worthwhile, not whether it offers too few opportunities.  It offers you the opportunities.

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

How many movies a week do you see in theaters? I see about 140 per year, and on one of these forums every year around January 1st there's one guy who asks people to post all the movies they saw and how many. Every time so far, I've been #1 on there or close to it. 

Doing the math, 3 per week comes out to 156 movies a year for $240. That's a LOT of movies, I've only seen that many once in the past 13 years.  If you see all 156, that comes out to about $1.54 a movie. That's a good deal. But if you see 50 movies instead, then it's close to $5 a movie. 

E.g., we have cheap movies down here. Before noon, you can get in for a standard showing for $5. So to break-even on A-List, I have to see 4 movies in a month. I'll see at least 8 per month on it so it's a GREAT deal for me, and that's before the points accumulate and the waived online ticketing fees and all that.

Really, IMO, the problem most people have when considering A-List is whether the see enough movies for it to be worthwhile, not whether it offers too few opportunities.  It offers you the opportunities.

The cheap morning shows are why I held off on A List for a couple weeks, but then I started considering how many movies I'd be seeing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

A regular 2D showing at my local NYC theater is  $16.50.   The matinee (just the first showing of the day) is almost $13.  (PLF screens are $20+) Three a month would be a bargain here.

• Like 2

I just got it, along with Sinemia and Cinemark Movie Club.  I can deal with the drive being longer if it means being able to see more movies at a lower price.  Moviepass is gonna be dead by the end of the week anyway, and if it isn't, I can still try to use it as much as possible before the renewal period ends in December (provided it actually works).  If Regal comes out with their own service though, I'll switch to that (probably gonna keep the other two though just as a backup).

My total amount per month for each of these services is $43, which is about the price of 3 movie tickets per month.  I see far more than 3 movies per month, and with each of these services combined, I'll be able to fit in 16 movies a month.  That's more than enough.  If I do end up seeing more than that, I'll pay for the rest at an early bird showing or redeem a free ticket from Regal Crown Club.

• Like 2

I'm in a bit of a pickle when it comes to AMC. At my house, I have a Regal right next to my workplace, as well as another Regal only 10 minutes away. Meanwhile, the nearest AMC near my house is 25 minutes away. Basically, a longer, more inconvenient trek.

At my university, which I'm at the majority of the year, there are two AMCs that are both ~15 minutes away (one of them also has indies sprinkled into their lineups), but not only are there closer theaters that are less than 10 minutes away, but I don't have a car to get there, so I have to take Ubers every time I want to go see a movie. They both cost around $40 going there and back again, which is already a lot just to see one movie. I could go with Sinemia, but the limit to only 1-3 ain't the greatest for somebody like me, so I'm kinda stuck in a bad situation.

Then again, I guess maybe I can use some of the bus or train services near my university to get to those locations.

5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I'm in a bit of a pickle when it comes to AMC. At my house, I have a Regal right next to my workplace, as well as another Regal only 10 minutes away. Meanwhile, the nearest AMC near my house is 25 minutes away. Basically, a longer, more inconvenient trek.

At my university, which I'm at the majority of the year, there are two AMCs that are both ~15 minutes away (one of them also has indies sprinkled into their lineups), but not only are there closer theaters that are less than 10 minutes away, but I don't have a car to get there, so I have to take Ubers every time I want to go see a movie. They both cost around $40 going there and back again, which is already a lot just to see one movie. I could go with Sinemia, but the limit to only 1-3 ain't the greatest for somebody like me, so I'm kinda stuck in a bad situation.

Then again, I guess maybe I can use some of the bus or train services near my university to get to those locations.

Depending on how pricey your theaters are, you could probably get away with getting both A-List and Sinemia.  It'd add up to $34.  Where I am, that's only a little over the price of two tickets at an evening show.  Every time you go to Regal, it's also worth it to use your Crown Club card so you can stock up on credits and redeem a free ticket if needed (I don't use my credits for anything else).

But yeah, definitely try to find a less expensive mode of transportation.  Ubers are inconvenient as hell price-wise.

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

A regular 2D showing at my local NYC theater is  $16.50.   The matinee (just the first showing of the day) is almost $13.  (PLF screens are $20+) Three a month would be a bargain here.

AMC first showings are still $8.99 here! They're just way too early though like I don't really wanna see a movie at 10am on a Sunday.