sfran43

Weekend Thread: | Estimates (per BOM) ~ M:I-F 35M, DCR 25.003M, TSWDM 12.35M, MM!HWGA 9.09M, TE2 8.83M, HT3:SV 8.2M, AMatW 6.188M, TDM 5.8M

wow, it's only been one day and we're already seeing The Spy Who Dumped Me and Darkest Minds make their impact on the film industry

https://deadline.com/2018/08/susanna-fogel-direct-the-wilds-ya-pilot-amazon-studios-1202439721/

Susanna Fogel (The Spy Who Dumped Me) has signed on to direct and executive produce The Wilds YA pilot for Amazon Studios

I'm sure other teenagers can attest to this, maybe not, but probably. But I remember when Hunger Games and Catching Fire came out in grade 7 and 9 respectively, they were absolutley HUGE among our demographic. Like, it didn't matter which friend group you belonged to, EVERYBODY was talking about those two movies. Everyone went to the theatre, multiple times honestly. It was insane, way more hype than even something like TFA had, and even that had a ton of hype.

And then yea, the franchise REALLY died down with Mockingjay. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DAR said:

I've never seen the Graduate

I'm like a generation younger than you and I've seen the Graduate. You should be ashamed, getting outclassed by a young avocado toast millennial.

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I don't care if it's unreasonable but making me double the effort to get thru one book killed my drive to see the final two films

I don't even know why I didn't watch MJ1 and 2 after watching CF on OD especially since I remember telling my wife we should watch MJ1 when we got out of CF. Probably thought "Watching half the story makes no sense, will wait till part 2" and then "Didn't watch Part 1, would be hard to follow whats going on in part 2".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Catching Fire is incredible. It could work as a standalone movie. JLaw should've got a nomination for that, not American Hustle. Shows how broken the oscar system is. THG is okay, takes too long to get started and the concept feels questionable in hindsight. Also feels amateurish, while CF was the real "big budget, cinematic" one. Havent seen the Mockingjays, probably won't at this point.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dmatrixfilm1600dx said:

neca-the-hunger-games-movie-series-1-act

I bet these are still on some dusty shelf somewhere in a retail store for 10 cents and they still can't get rid of them.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AJG said:

Catching Fire >>> Titanic >>>> T2 >>>>> Avatar 

T2? Trainspotting 2? Why are you bringing this up? Awfully random movie grouping here.

Edited by eddyxx

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I mean $680M worth of people just got duped into watching a part 1 solely because they didn't label the title as such

1. that movie is actually good.

2. its not a part 2 as the protagonist gets to...can we talk spoilers for that movie yet? I'm not trying to get banned on this epic box office weekend for Darkest Minds.

Hunger Games and Catching Fire were great b/c they kept the tension and action up throughout the movie...

Mockingjay 1 and 2 were awful b/c they were SO slow...and you got bored and actually thought "I could cut 45 minutes from this movie and 45 minutes from the other one and we'd have one decent movie."  It seemed like they dragged scenes on purpose...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I bet these are still on some dusty shelf somewhere in a retail store for 10 cents and they still can't get rid of them.

A store near me has had the same 2 Warcraft toys sitting on the shelf for years

s-l640.jpg

i have to walk past them every time I go through the shop. It’s kinda sad.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I mean $680M worth of people just got duped into watching a part 1 solely because they didn't label the title as such

Force Awaken was sold clearly has a part 1 of 3, this avengers part 1 of 2, I would imagine that those part X are not that big of an issue.