Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

16 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Something hadn't been sitting right with me for a while re; Wakanda Forever, and I just realized what. In liu of Coogler's choice of cinematographer (he brought his Fruitville Station DP on for Black Panther), this time Marvel Studios brought in their Loki cinematographer. And Wakanda Forever has a much more digital visual feel as a result.

Durden already pointed this out with the right research on the last page -- but I would be careful pointing fingers about "who brought in who" as we never know the full story -- and it appears on the surface here, and based on interviews, that indeed Rachel Morrison had an opportunity/scheduling conflict by the time BP2 went into production.  Sometimes the talent changes are simply practicalities due to the moment.  

15 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

I think people can reduce expectations for this one if they think Coogler can do whatever he want.

I'm not saying he has no control on this. I'm saying Marvel Studios could even change the entire 3rd act of the first BP movie weeks before its release. And I think the second one would be more of a committee vision, just like DS2. 

I like a lot of the rest of what you've said the last few pages, but I would say again here to be careful about assuming how much 'mucking' Marvel might have done here, when in this particular case, *everyone* was blindsided by Boseman's death, and of course they had to completely re-organize/re-write the script/re-organize the production to compensate.  It's a very unique situation.  And of course we've heard nothing of anything like "bad buzz" about this movie whatsoever.  

10 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Yep, Waldron's script was meh. Some of the scenes are literally carried by Lizzie and Benedict's acting.

I would also be careful about immediately attributing whatever appears in the final film of MOM as Waldron's "script" as we *do know* in this case that the movie went through *extensive* post-production reshoots over months, including of course those six-weeks right prior to release.  In those reshoots, dialogue will always be rewritten, reformulated, recontextualized...and not necessarily by the original screenwriter...  In MOM's case, it *does* seem as if the studio took overarching control over the narrative, literally and figuratively...  We have no indication of that whatsoever yet for WAKANDA FOREVER.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Anyone heard of "Valliant Renegade" on Youtube?

The guys seems like a big time racist and sexist. He's seeming to build the same anti-BPWF campaign that we saw with Rings of Power. And those on his channel making comments are worse. Be prepared!

Okay.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jedijake said:

The guys seems like a big time racist and sexist. He's seeming to build the same anti-BPWF campaign that we saw with Rings of Power. And those on his channel making comments are worse. Be prepared!

The difference between this and RoP is that there were a lot of people dissatisfied by various choices made by the production team of RoP over the years, which gave fertile ground for YT Randos That None of Us Have Heard of to make hay and stir up controversy, while that, mixed reaction to Phase 4 notwithstanding, doesn't really apply in the case of BP2.

To put it another way, YT Randos That None of Us Care About can try to gin up a Hate Campaign, but that doesn't mean it'll get any meaningful traction.

Or, to put it yet a different way... stop jumping at shadows! :) 

(and I say this as something of an expert at seeing social media hate campaigns within fandom)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, jedijake said:

who cares seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

I mean the racists tried it with the first BP...didn't exactly work out there. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Menor Reborn said:

I feel like those kinds of YouTube grifters weren’t quite as mainstream (if we can call them that) back then as they are now. That kind of Internet content seemed to really take off with Captain Marvel. 

6 hours ago, jedijake said:

Yes.

Every Sony movie that bombs he claims they are not really a bomba because of the Netflix deal.

He keeps manipulating data all the time to fit his narrative and argument. Anyone can pick and choose certain data to fit their narrative. He does that a lot. (as they say statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive. What they conceal is vital). 

He kept saying MoM was a bomba until it became mathematically impossible to keep that going

He was saying BP was going to do Thor 4's numbers (i.e. 750MM worldwide). Not sure if he's changed his tune recently

He kept quoting the wrong number Disney has to pay Comcast for Hulu

All Disney+ shows are bombas

Basically it's an anti Disney channel. To be fair though in this day and age though it's very easy to get clicks by being anti Disney in general. Geeks and Gamers, Valliant Renegade, nerdrotic etc all get a shitload of views, on each anti Disney video they post. Nerdrotic, Critical Drinker, and a few others had so many She-Hulk videos it got to the point of almost being satirical, but each one of those videos got tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of views. That's very easy revenue.

5 minutes ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

Yes.

Every Sony movie that bombs he claims they are not really a bomba because of the Netflix deal.

He keeps manipulating data all the time to fit his narrative and argument. Anyone can pick and choose certain data to fit their narrative. He does that a lot. (as they say statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive. What they conceal is vital). 

He kept saying MoM was a bomba until it became mathematically impossible to keep that going

He was saying BP was going to do Thor 4's numbers (i.e. 750MM worldwide). Not sure if he's changed his tune recently

Basically it's an anti Disney channel. To be fair though in this day and age though it's very easy to get clicks by being anti Disney in general. Geeks and Gamers, Valliant Renegade, nerdrotic etc all get a shitload of views, on each anti Disney video they post. Nerdrotic, Critical Drinker, and a few others had so many She-Hulk videos it got to the point of almost being satirical, but each one of those videos got tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of views. That's very easy revenue.

I hate that pretending to be angry about Disney and “woke Hollywood” has become a lucrative business model. 

Just now, WittyUsername said:

I hate that pretending to be angry about Disney and “woke Hollywood” has become a lucrative business model. 

Not sure what can be done though. People who agree with it will click it and have their feelings validated. People who disagree with it will click to see what they are talking about.

Whether it's fair or not it's much, much easier to grow your channel and make money this way than the New Rockstars, Emergency Awesome, etc way.

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I feel like those kinds of YouTube grifters weren’t quite as mainstream (if we can call them that) back then as they are now. That kind of Internet content seemed to really take off with Captain Marvel. 

I think it took off with Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Then Black Panther, then Captain Marvel.

What do all three films have in common?

9 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

They were never going to affect BP . 

Their influence is so hyperinflated by media and just gets them more clicks and attention.

Which just makes the recently concluded finale of a certain MCU show so funny and just gave that section of the internet  more clicks , basically what they wanted . Instead of crafting a well rounded show imo, they wasted money on toxic side of the internet.

Every movie will leave or die at the box office on how it's recieved by the general audience .

1 hour ago, cmbbox2390 said:

I think it took off with Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Then Black Panther, then Captain Marvel.

What do all three films have in common?

TLJ it was some choices around holdo,Luke portrayal,rose Rico etc.... . Force awakens was still generally well received even by that side of internet on release and it had female lead,Finn as co lead .

All I'm saying TLJ had a lot of shifting  factors leading to it's backlash . You can't just boil it down . Female leads and POC characters.

Captain marvel it was the comments she made regarding wrinkle in time. If it was specifically targeted towards female leads then it would have affected WW,black widow etc ...

On black panther , yeah now that I can agree to an extent ,hate may be directed towards POC characters.

Don't get me wrong ,that side of the internet is still nasty but

Poeple and media really like to boil it down to just representation but it's not ,lots of factors are involved . 

• Knock It Off 1

8 hours ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

Yes.

Yeahs sounds right. The way these idiots talk about women (add Justin Is Lost to that), you have to wonder if any of them ever get dates.