Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

30 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

isnt letitia extremely problematic?

Maybe for a small segment of moviegoers. Most people don’t know nor care care about the controversy that surrounded Letitia Wright. The fact that it happened more than a year ago makes it even more of a nonissue.

• Like 4

Plus the fact that she's been at EVERY press event, panel, interview, etc. and has been very enthusiastic and a positive force indicates that we should let bygones be bygones. Her heart is in this and has been a powerful until with Denai, Lupita, Winston, and Angela.

SO much I can't WAIT to discuss after seeing the movie on Noevmeber 12!

• Like 1

Novaxxers are dumb but I don't think her comments have been all that much in the limelight and I don't expect them to either especially since she laid low after that. It is unfortunate that we still have to debate about vaccines in 2022 but you could do much worse as a hollywood star I suppose.

We are 10 days away and I haven't even seen any media attempt to bring her comments back so I doubt it'll happen at this point.

• Like 1

It's interesting that a few days ago we wondered why there was little to no talk of Lupita or Winston. But suddenly, I am seeing story and article after story and article about those two more than anyone else.

Nothing plot related, but there's more discussion about them in general.

I'd admire any journalist who doesn't give a shit about future MCU access asking her straight out on the press tour if she's still an antivaxxer and if that made filming hard but yeah, water under the bridge as far as this film's concerned. Certainly didn't feel like that when the news broke though.

4 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I'd admire any journalist who doesn't give a shit about future MCU access asking her straight out on the press tour if she's still an antivaxxer and if that made filming hard but yeah, water under the bridge as far as this film's concerned. Certainly didn't feel like that when the news broke though.

The public has really moved on from the whole debate.

People just awnt a cool film to watch. 

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, cmbbox2390 said:

Maybe for a small segment of moviegoers. Most people don’t know nor care care about the controversy that surrounded Letitia Wright. The fact that it happened more than a year ago makes it even more of a nonissue.

Most people don’t even know who Letitia Wright is. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Whether this is a good thing is up to you or not (this is not the place to argue this btw), but unless an actor says something that's Holocaust denial bad or does something that's sexual assault/abuse bad (even then, Morgan Freeman just got his own TV show based on the movie Lucy, Louis C.K. still does stand-up, Chris Brown just had his tenth album, etc.), people won't care. Especially if the actor's a B-lister or lower, like Letitia. Plus Disney and Marvel's got a good PR team that knows how to coach their actors to dance around their problematic statements and make sure they're never brought up at any point in the press tour. Evangeline Lilly said and did similar anti-COVID trash, but we're never going to hear about any of this stuff during the run-up to Ant-Man 3.

• Like 2

Personally I think people should just mind there own business when it comes to personal medical choices.. it’s up to the individual what they choose to put in there body and nothing to do with us or this movie. Focus on the movie instead.. nobody cares about your world views.