Eric Prime

Monster Hunter | December 2020...for now | Sony/Screen Gems | based on the Capcom game | From Paul W. S. Anderson

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The first tease for the Monster Hunter trailer reveals that the video game movie adaptation is coming out in theaters this year after all. The movie will now be released in December after having been previously postponed to April 2021.

One of the smartest moves I've seen a distributor make. In a year where most "big blockbusters" are going to 2021, this year's holiday season is the perfect time to release a VFX-driven action film that, in most other years, would likely be overshadowed. And it could end up getting Oscar nominations like Best Visual Effects, too--especially in the absence of other films like No Time to Die and Black Widow.

EDIT: I said the part about the Oscar before I actually watched the teaser.

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Where? In China?

If that's the case, that's bad because China looked like the place that would eat this movie up. Perhaps Warcraft numbers?

yes here, from their own team who saw it.

but I'm not sure how reliable their judge could be considering they thought MIB 4 & Dark Fate were great and could be big hits.

Edited by Gavin Feng
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Where? In China?

If that's the case, that's bad because China looked like the place that would eat this movie up. Perhaps Warcraft numbers?

Warcraft was a huge tentpole with $160m budget, huge production. This is a fairly low budget film by comparison.