Eric Duncan

Monster Hunter | December 2020...for now | Sony/Screen Gems | based on the Capcom game | From Paul W. S. Anderson

https://deadline.com/2018/10/monster-hunter-milla-jovovich-resident-evil-meagan-good-josh-helman-1202485266/

hoot is under way in South Africa and Namibia on writer-director Paul W.S. Anderson’s (Resident Evil) video game adaptation Monster Hunter, starring Milla Jovovich (Resident Evil), Tony Jaa (xXx: Return Of Xander Cage), Tip ‘T.I.’ Harris, Meagan Good (Code Black), Diego Boneta (Before I Fall), Josh Helman (X-Men: Days Of Future Past) and Ron Perlman (Hell Boy).

Producers are Constantin’s Robert Kulzer (Resident Evil) and Martin Moszkowicz and by Jeremy Bolt (Resident Evil) and Paul W.S. Anderson from Impact Pictures. Dennis Berardi, head of VFX for the film, also acts as producer.

Sony’s Screen Gems will release the film in the U.S. Constantin Film will release the movie in German speaking territories and arrange for the film’s distribution in China; Toho will distribute in Japan; and Sony Pictures Releasing International will release in the rest of the world.

The movie will chart the story of a world behind our own, where dangerous and powerful monsters rule their domain
with deadly ferocity. When Lt. Artemis (Milla Jovovich) and her loyal soldiers are transported from our world to the new world, the unflappable lieutenant receives the shock of her life.  n her desperate battle for survival against enormous enemies with incredible powers, Artemis will team up with a mysterious man who has found a way to fight back.

Edited by CoolEric258

So we will see if Paul W.S Anderson and his main squeeze Mila Jovanovitch have any drawing power outside the RE Franchise. I really, really, doubt it.

I will never forgive Anderson for what he did to one of my favorite novels with his incredibly bad version of "The Three Musketeers".

Edited by dudalb

4 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Pretty weird that they announced the release date a whole two months after it finished filming.

But yeah, I don't see this being any better than the ResEvil movies.

Edited by cookie

15 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

RIP Monster Hunter

This is why it didn't get a character in Smash

Hey now Rathalos appears as a boss encounter in the game, if we go by Ridley logic he's already a third of the way there.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Fuck this. FUCK THIS. FUCK. THIS. And fuck you, WS Anderson, you dicksucker. You're up there with Uwe Boll as one of the biggest contributors for the stigma against video game movies. Who cares if Mortal Kombat was fun, the Resident Evil films are all GARBAGE. Unwatchable garbage. And now you're gonna do Monster Hunter, a franchise that could be HUGE in the right hands? Fuck off.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

So Rathalos in Smash 8 when it comes out in 2034?

He was considered for Sma7h but Sakurai really wanted that Urban Champion representative and so Rathalos had to go 

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 12:06 PM, Joel M said:

Unpopular opinion, PWS Anderson helmed Resident Evils are good b movies. In fact most of his movies are good b movies. I don't get the comparison with Uwe Boll at all. 

Afterlife, Apocalypse, Retribution, and Final Chapter are not good films. In fact, the only thing good in that catalogue is the TV censored version of Apocalypse where Mike Epps is dubbed saying "Motivator" instead of "Motherf--ker." "Motivator, please." "You motivators are crazy. Look at that big motivator got a rocket launcher." Example:

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Haha 1