sfran43

Weekend Thread ~ The Grinch 67m+ per DHD

51 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I didn’t say anything about people remembering them. ANOES was a domestic success and Dragon was a high profile failure. 

She had bills to pay???! 😂

Do you know who her parents are??? :hahaha:

45 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Yep, Rooney Mara could sit on the couch for the rest of her life and not have to worry about money.  

LOL, you never know, not all rich parents support their kids in adulthood (I don't believe that was the case with her).

But seriously, this forum does have a lot of international posters, and the NFL isn't as global as some other sports, but maybe everyone isn't aware of her lineage, extremely "comfortable" on both sides:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooney_family

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/examining-mara-family-tree-ny-giants-seek-fourth-super-bowl-patriots-article-1.1016405

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

A Star is Born has dropped sub-35% five weekends in a row. The last 40M+ opener to do that was How to Train Your Dragon. If it manages to hold well next weekend, it will be the first 40M+ film to drop sub-35% six weekends in a row since Avatar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 3

That's a huge number for The Grinch considering typical multis for November holiday themed fare. Especially since I thought this was the first movie Illumination really dropped the ball on appealing marketing. But I guess not, 300 isn't out of play, though I'd still bet against it because of Ralph. Illumination's box office track record remains pretty insane, basically nothing under 250m adjusted DOM.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That's a huge number for The Grinch considering typical multis for November holiday themed fare. Especially since I thought this was the first movie Illumination really dropped the ball on appealing marketing. But I guess not, 300 isn't out of play, though I'd still bet against it because of Ralph. Illumination's box office track record remains pretty insane, basically nothing under 250m adjusted DOM.

300m would be fantastic and I'd be happy for it, but I'm expecting more like 230m

Edited by cheesypoofs
Stupid autocorrect

Great opening for The Grinch. It will do well in subsequent weeks. 

Good drop for Bohemian Rhapsody. I put in a 39% drop in the Derby because the word of mouth seemed strong. Another good drop A Star is Born. People are loving it. Nutcracker continues to bomb domestically. A 53% drop is bad news for a film that opened with nothing. It's international numbers will not save it.

4 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

300m would be fantastic and I'd be happy for it, but I'm expecting more like 230m

230 would be a pretty bad multi given the fact that it's a Christmas themed family film released in early November. 4x+ is pretty much standard for all those.

• Like 1