Eric the Ape

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

Watched the 2nd time around. It's so good. Thought the ending was great. Imho IW had one of the lamest ending in movie history. I get that in theatre it must have been a great experience at first glance, but once you actually process it, it's so bad. Even the actors couldn't take it seriously leading of to ENDGAME. 

I hope ATSC still have some juice left in it to aim for 700m WW.

Is anyone else disturbed by the amount of black people on Twitter trying to claim ownership of Miles and how they don't want their black children seeing a black man end up with a white women. 

So they're just you know completely ignoring that Miles is a product of an interracial relationship.

Also putting way too much weight on animated characters romantically getting involved with, it's very disturbing to say the least.

• Like 3

I know the convo about the ending has been beaten to death, but here's my two cents: It's very akin to Dune; a little frustrating, but also like in Dune, there are still valuable character arcs in these movies that make them still worth it; the story might not be over, but there was palpable growth and changes in the two protagonists. I would argue, even, that the arcs for both Miles and Gwen were indeed complete, and that there was a moment for each where they show that. (don't wanna veer into spoiler territory).

I think Across the Spider-Verse has already crossed 700M worldwide??

Look at this picture

0Vty1lt.png

For many of the countries, the total box office is the same as the opening weekend and the last reported date is all the way back on 5th june, aka, the opening week. ATSV has already crossed the 700M mark, we just didn't know it!

On 7/31/2023 at 9:05 AM, DeVeers said:

I think Across the Spider-Verse has already crossed 700M worldwide??

Look at this picture

0Vty1lt.png

For many of the countries, the total box office is the same as the opening weekend and the last reported date is all the way back on 5th june, aka, the opening week. ATSV has already crossed the 700M mark, we just didn't know it!

Nah, Sony just reports totals and some top countries. See the rest of the world on the table, it has the extra which sony doesn't specify. It's like this for pretty much any movie.

pretty good

big step up from the first one which I found kinda meh

manages to combine the different tones in a much more natural way 

The movie thinks it and miles are much cooler than they actually are, which can get annoying, drama is undermined by that

surprisingly endearing and fun all the way through

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

did anyone have a hard time making out a lot of the dialogue in this film? Watching it on 4K disc with subtitles was a must.

also, while I liked the movie a lot, the majorty of Spider-Men being portrayed as mindless drones that are perfectly OK with people dying was a little odd. As well the blending of live action and animation. So the majority of universes are animated?