sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

Just now, Telemachos said:

I mean, it's a Lanthimos movie. That doesn't seem that surprising to me (granted, I haven't seen it).

Yeah the surprise reaction is a bit surprising to me, the movie to not have a very mixed reaction once it get wider would been the big surprise for a Lanthimos release (and those trailers).

DR. SEUSS' THE GRINCH $135.1M Overseas Total / 65 Markets $374.6M Global Total

MORTAL ENGINES $34.7M Overseas Total / 54 Markets $43.3M Global Total

Edited by terrestrial

A study by Ernst & Young commissioned by the National Association of Theater Owners has found minimal impact on theaters by Netflix and other digital outlets streaming feature-length films

and:

for the ones interested into that

The Black List 2018 Screenplays Unveiled (Ranked)

https://deadline.com/2018/12/black-list-2018-scripts-ranking-list-screenplays-1202521338/

Edited by terrestrial

What's hot in Hollywood in 2018? Sequels, Spinoffs and Superheroes topped the box office 39 out of 50 weekends in 2018. Points for originality: READY PLAYER ONE, A QUIET PLACE, RAMPAGE, THE MEG, CRAZY RICH ASIANS, NIGHT SCHOOL, HOUSE w/ A CLOCK IN WALLS & BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY.

a bit off topic

‘Extra’ Goes Wider On Fox Stations, Leaving Longtime NBC Roost

Ahead of the sale of two-thirds of 21st Century Fox to Disney, Fox has been aggressively lining up programming, adding major assets like WWE wrestling and NFL football to national prime time. In the syndication realm, the company recently made offers for Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, only to be outbid by Disney-ABC. After the merger closes (likely in the coming weeks), Fox will consist mostly of the broadcast network, Fox News and the station portfolio, which has 28 stations in 17 markets.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/extra-goes-wider-on-fox-stations-leaving-longtime-nbc-home-1202521552/