sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Also, I think YA adaptations are now completely dead in terms of films. Making them into tv/web series seems to be the way to go 

Not yet. the final nail in the coffin's coming out next year unless it get pushed back again to 2020 - Holland/Ridley Blond Wigfest Chaos Walking. When that bombs, YA will be finished cause these 2 are at least household names thanks to their franchises. ME had no stars so that will be prescribed to flopping. But when Spidey and Rey bomb than Hollywood will know it's over. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

The 8th, 9th, and 10th placements is absolutely mind boggling to me! I  never would've guessed we'd end up with this result!:ohmygod:

1 Avengers: Infinity War BV $2,047.7 $678.8 33.2% $1,368.9 66.8%
2 Black Panther BV $1,346.9 $700.1 52.0% $646.9 48.0%
3 Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Uni. $1,304.9 $416.8 31.9% $888.2 68.1%
4 Incredibles 2 BV $1,241.4 $608.6 49.0% $632.9 51.0%
5 Venom (2018) Sony $852.7 $212.8 25.0% $639.9 75.0%
6 Mission: Impossible - Fallout Par. $791.0 $220.2 27.8% $570.9 72.2%
7 Deadpool 2 Fox $734.2 $318.5 43.4% $415.8 56.6%
8 Bohemian Rhapsody Fox $635.9 $180.4 28.4% $455.5 71.6%
9 Ant-Man and the Wasp BV $622.7 $216.6 34.8% $406.0 65.2%
10 Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald WB $595.9 $151.7 25.5% $444.2 74.5%

who would've thought that both FB2 and AMATW won't make it in the top 10 of 2018 worldwide. 

MPR and Aquaman will pass them soon :hahaha:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

who would've thought that both FB2 and AMATW won't make it in the top 10 of 2018 worldwide. 

MPR and Aquaman will pass them soon :hahaha:

AMATW was always a possibility. It's now clear that it'll remain MCU's smallest franchise til Eternals and I don't think that characters presence in Endgame will boost the third movie if they make it. It's too positioned as palate cleanser  and those never make event movie money. 

FB2 is a shock however. They brought Dumbledore to get 1B and now Freddie mercury clobbered him.

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

WB thought Johnny Depp was going to get them to a billion, not Dumbledore.

No way. How can anyone think Depp would be an automatic billion based on his previous films

im sure they thought it would grow because a lot of sequels increase these days and indeed the Dumbledore/Hogwarts stuff would be enough to bring back more Potter audience 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

WB thought Johnny Depp was going to get them to a billion, not Dumbledore.

Oy vey! that didn't work for the last POTC either. Though FB being a mess that even fans couldn't follow is what killed it. Scott Clickbaitsohn was right for once, that it was a frnachise killer. 

Hopefully Floptastic Beasts 3 gets delayed so we can get that Flash film from the Game Night guys :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

[Also get Rachel McAdams in there too as like a villain or something, since the MCU's been wasting her]

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I still hope for a way modernised / empowered 'Night Nurse' multipart for her

Lets hope so. After Game Night I hope she gets more roles more substantial than "MCU Girlfriend #616"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TMP said:

Lets hope so. After Game Night I hope she gets more roles more substantial than "MCU Girlfriend #616"

I think she is a bit more than GF #616 in DS

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm still annoyed about how Doctor Strange just completely wasted a perfectly good McAdams. That role was beyond thankless.

MCU seems to have a tendency to introduce some characters in a smaller role as hoped for.

Including e.g. see the actors involved into Captain Marvel and Avengers Endgame, at least a few of those were probably not expected by a lot of us (BOT, general audience,...) to be seen in those 2 movies before we learned about the casting news

Hence the reason I am still hoping

Edited by terrestrial

Bohemian Rhapsody 's run is a joy to follow.

it seems the movie is having an insane carreer in South Korea.

Wonder if another musician's biopic will ever reach those heights again. 

But Queen s music suits cinema so well and Freddie s style of singing is so epic.

Talk about timeless music.

• Like 1

Spider-verse having a strong Sunday.  It has moved up on MT compared to yesterday, quick checks on Fandango hourly numbers on par with yesterday,  and showings as full as yesterday around here.  I think it's about to have a fantastic next 3 weeks

I neither read that into your comment nor I'm overly dramatic. I'm just saying that she knew she was signing up for a thankless role so no point lamenting the waste of talent. Actors do paycheck movies all the time. Didn't Michelle Williams say she did Venom for money? :lol:

But as they do mult-movie contracts a lot, and I actually do not think her role in DS is 'shallow' (it could have been far more. but shallow?), maybe it is planned in the future to be... whatever. At least her intro it was way better than Agent 13 got.

Yeah I'd like to have seen an intro like Falcon got way better, but Night Nurse (aehm doctor) isn't a SH....