sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

They'd never get a Michael Jackson biopic off the ground, there's too many things in his life that his estate and the Jackson family would rather not be said. 

Netflix is doing a stop-motion movie about Michael Jackson's life through the eyes of his pet monkey, so I don't think it's that impossible for a biopic in the future.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Netflix is doing a stop-motion movie about Michael Jackson's life through the eyes of his pet monkey, so I don't think it's that impossible for a biopic in the future.

A biopic is gonna be sanitized as hell if they want to get the rights to the music though. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I'd probably say if a live action biopic does happen, it won't be for at least another 10-20 years. 

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

I assume a proper Michael Jackson biopic could do it.

Michael Jackson's life was I dunno, tragic in so so many ways and well, there s a subject matter about his life everyone chose to forget since his death.

Edited by The Futurist

47 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Bohemian Rhapsody is the biggest live action movie of the year here.

THE POWAH OF FREDDIE MOTHERFUCKING MERCURY :ohmygod: 

How in the fucking hell is this movie headed for 700M WW? It might be just as impressive as It doing it last year (maybe moreso, since It wasn't even the 1st R-rated movie to get to 700+ and Sixth Sense was really close to being the horror movie to do that first as well, while no musical biopic has ever gotten anywhere near what Rhapsody has accomplished).

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

A biopic is gonna be sanitized as hell if they want to get the rights to the music though. 

This, would be a slice of life during a spectacle or something, a proper biopic does not get the music and does not make much a the box office.

53 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

THE POWAH OF FREDDIE MOTHERFUCKING MERCURY :ohmygod: 

How in the fucking hell is this movie headed for 700M WW? It might be just as impressive as It doing it last year (maybe moreso, since It wasn't even the 1st R-rated movie to get to 700+ and Sixth Sense was really close to being the horror movie to do that first as well, while no musical biopic has ever gotten anywhere near what Rhapsody has accomplished).

Emotions. people cry, people chant, people sing along. Rinse repeat. tell others about the experience. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Gitesh

wknd bigger than estimated w/ $131.3M from 43 intl mkts raising total to $266.4M. Tonight, 11-day gross in China will beat $191M final of CaptainAmerica CivilWar there. New openings this wk incl Korea/France/Germany/US. Shd smash $500M global by .

• Like 2

I'll be curious to see how The Mule does over Christmas because most of Clint's movies that were released in December were limited releases. $100m could be on the cards even with all the competition coming up next week and I can't imagine Marwen making a dent.

Universal's poor December with the exception of The Grinch means that WB will likely close the gap with Aquaman and take second place for the year.

AQUAMAN $131.M Overseas Weekend $266.4M Overseas and Global Total / 43 Markets

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD $444.4M Overseas Total / 80 Markets $596.2M Global Total

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Bohemian Rhapsody is the biggest live action movie of the year here.

Here it will finish 2nd-4th overall, depending on how much steam it can keep throughout the holidays. It's done gangbusters. Queen has always been popular over here, but wasn't expecting that.

Didn't like the film that much but sod it, it's Queen.