That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

Good for Aquaman. After the disaster of Justice League this could have gone a lot lower. 

$70m is $10m higher than Green Lantern's adjusted OW, and it's opening at a time where grosses are very spread out.

Mary Poppins is doing ok when compared to films like Christopher Robins and Into the Woods, but from that budget Disney was aiming higher so this is definitely an underperformance.

Bumblebee is also not doing well. I don't understand how this is being spun into a solid OW. It should have cleared $30m, The Last Knight still made like $60m over five days. This could miss $100m total. Yes WOM is good but it's not THAT good. A- cinemascore is good but not spectacular. And it's still a fanboy movie so it will be a bit frontloaded.

Edited by Hunch

12 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Bumblebee is 

Hide contents

already a full reboot. It's ending flat out does not work with Transformers 07.

Does anything in this franchise works tho? I mean, TLK retcons 4 movies lmao.

Just now, aabattery said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yeah but after TLK bombed and TF6 was formally canned this goes beyond that imo.

11 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Until they croak and you inherit everything  Kevin Spacey Lex Luthor style 

EXACTLY. This is the plan. Pinky understands me.

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Hailee Steinfeld is the new Mark Wahlberg who was the new Shia LaBeouf.

Hailee > Mark > Shia

This franchise is showing massive improvement when it comes to leads over the years.

• Like 1